IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BionicTaco

SWTOR pre-order

13 posts in this topic

Star Wars the Old Republic announced pre-orders today. Speculation puts release sometime between September and December of this year.

I've put in my order :biggrin:

LINK

The cinematic videos got me excited but after looking at gameplay footage, i'm a bit disappointed...Imagine a star wars game with decent graphics and a decent physics engine like frostbite or something - that would be awesome. I know it's an MMO but that should be no excuse for outdated graphics and what looks to be a poor combat system....

Think i'm gonna hang back and wait for some community opinions...

I don't know that I'll be playing Dark Side initially. Or PvP for that matter (doesn't matter the game, I'm the second worst PvP'er ever.

I'm thinking more Galactic Republic / PvE ;)

I'm stoked about world pvp in SW again. I remember back to SWGalaxies before the combat screw up, and world pvp was so much fun then. When our guild moved on to WoW, we rolled on a pve server and it just wasnt the same. I don't really dig the pvp warzones and instanced pvp matches very much, but the thrill of world pvp and always being on edge while questing or cruising around...that has me fired up again.

I'm stoked about world pvp in SW again. I remember back to SWGalaxies before the combat screw up, and world pvp was so much fun then. When our guild moved on to WoW, we rolled on a pve server and it just wasnt the same. I don't really dig the pvp warzones and instanced pvp matches very much, but the thrill of world pvp and always being on edge while questing or cruising around...that has me fired up again.

Lol my SWG pre-CU guild did just that, moved to a new game when they destroyed the game with the stupid combat upgrade!

CE edition still shows available from Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collector-s-Edition-PC-Mac/17117741

I think I am going with the Digital Deluxe edition for a few toys instead of the Big Boy since I'm buying 2 copies

Also found a nice information thread at MMO champion

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/874061-SWTOR-information-gathered-thus-far-from-various-sources

Edited by =GEN=Neziah