IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

K_Slowsky

The Music Video Thread

162 posts in this topic

Check out Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

Edited by =GEN=DRAGONFIRE_Sr

Huh? i just cut n paste the link into the Reply box.

What benefits of using the "long link is there?

Well from what I have seen on my side is that the short link does not always show up as a preview pane when you post it up on here.

The long link has never failed for me, and it is what I have used when I fix a post that only has an HTTP link in it.

New album coming out in Sept.

One of the best bands to come out in the last 10 yrs

So, I'm driving home from work tonight and I decide to do a little channel surfing. As the autoseek jumps station to station it eventually tunes into this, just as it's beginning:

So, I stop it on the station and I'm enjoying it, and then the song ends and the station identification kicks in and it's an easy listening station. Seriously?! The Great White Underbelly is now easy listening? What is wrong with the world?.

Since the subject of Blue Oyster Cult has been broached, here's the mandatory dose of cowbell:

I'm going to indulge in a little personal trivia here. October 24th, 1983, zero-dark-thirty I was sitting on Green Ramp staging area of Pope Air Force base with around 1500 of my closest paratrooper buddies from Task Force 325th AIR listening to a cheap little radio tuned to the local radio station. Just as the order came to load onto the planes and get Operation Urgent Fury in motion, Don't Fear The Reaper came on. Almost 30 years later and the instant I hear this song I'm right back there. Such is the power of music.

Oh Citizen, you brought back memories of my all time favorite video. Same artist, same theme, but it came before your pick and is considered one of the greatest music videos of all time.

Tall lean women moving to the beat in black lycra with pulled back dark hair, white pancake foundation, high cheek bones with rouge, black eye makeup and red lipstick on pouty lips.

OMG, "The lights are on but you're not there!"

Edited by =GEN=Lead_Magnet

Oh Citizen, you brought back memories of my all time favorite video. Same artist, same theme, but it came before your pick and is considered one of the greatest music videos of all time.

Tall lean women moving to the beat in black lycra with pulled back dark hair, white pancake foundation, high cheek bones with rouge, black eye makeup and red lipstick on pouty lips.

OMG, "The lights are on but you're not there!"

lol - that is actually the video I was LOOKING for, and only had like 2 min to look for it and post before I had to bail yesterday - so is thta two votes for it then?

I am still looking for a Faith No More video from someone . . . .

ha - first thing that popped into my mind - watching in the late 80's at girlfriends house

It took me almost half way through Robert Palmer's video to realize the music was out of sync. :tongue:

Little bit of language as the chorus, but not as bad as the original hip hop song. This is a remake by Broken Brass Ensemble. "This is f'ing awesome."