IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nyny

SWTOR Recruitment

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Now that I am a full member of the Gens, I would like to start recruiting for Star Wars: The Old Republic. There are a few things we probably need to iron out first, however, before I start blasting the forums and in game chat. So here are some questions and some rough draft thoughts. Please, feel free to respond with any thoughts or opinions on this. If I have gotten ahead of myself or over stepped my boundaries, let me know. If I have forgotten anything or left something out, let me know. I don't bite...well unless asked. :whistling: (also, if this post would be more appropriate somewhere else, feel free to move it)

Right now I know we have a few different servers going to satisfy player style: PvE vs PvP.

Krayt Dragon is the PvE server. Which one is the PvP server?

Right now, on Krayt Dragon, Cartoon Generals exist on the Imperial side. Would we want to implement sister guilds for each realm for the opposing faction? (Republic in this case)

What kind of guild do we want to be on the PvE server? The PvP server?

My opinion is casual progression guild for the PvE server. (I generally despise PvP...I can recruit for it, but don't ask me to play it :tongue: ) And I would not mind recruiting for the PvP guild on forums and such, though I wouldn't be able to recruit in-game. You folks from that server would have to tell me what you are looking for in players.

Here are my thoughts on what a casual progression guild entails:

1) Social interaction and guidance. Help with a quest/mission that is confusing. Crafting gear or items for guildies (at no charge, other than supplying at least some of the materials). General guild support by each member whether that be by crafting, support roles in flashpoints and ops, gathering materials for guild use, general amusement, etc.

2) Flashpoints. 4 man groups put together to master the flashpoints. (for hawt lewts, don't ya know)

3) Ops (raids). Again, all about the loot really, but also to see the content and fight monsters with light sabers (and lightning in my case). Running these as a guild group is so much more fun. Pick up groups are generally painful and often epicly fail anyway. Starting out we wouldn't run many Ops (which are 8 man lvl 50 content). As our numbers grow, we can join with a 'neighbor' guild to tackle the content and eventually have scheduled Ops days and times.

4) We would welcome all play styles and would not make everyone participate in every activity. Solo but social players, PvPers, hard core raiders, crafters, habitual levelers (always leveling a new character), etc.

5) We would have guidelines or rules in place mainly just to keep the peace. Loot rules for fairness. Code of Conduct for in-game actions and chat as well as on forums and around the internet. These rules or guidelines would be subordinate to the Cartoon Generals by laws and membership guidelines already in place and would be for in game purposes only.

Examples would be: Things of this nature that are geared toward the mmo world.

~No foul language in guild chat.

~No trolling general chat or anything that would give us a bad reputation.

~Loot: need before greed, which means if you can use the item and equip it directly as an upgrade to what you have, roll need on it. Otherwise, greed rolls are expected. This would apply to armor, weapons and other gear as well as crafting patterns and epic items like mounts or companions.

~Be a courteous player: no ganking gathering nodes or quest npc's or items, ethical pvp practices, etc.

~Don't cuss out a player or be rude because someone made a mistake, didn't know the answer to a question or needed help with a fundamental aspect of the game. (How do make my guy run? :blink: ) Everyone starts somewhere.

6) I would propose that the in-game hirearchy would stay in place to inforce the guild rules: a guild master for each realm with officers for support. This would be for leadership purposes only and to address issues as they arise in-game. However, no one would be 'above' anyone else. Just as it is here. (think: admin rights :yes: )

7) I believe that guild members should go through the application process here on the website and become full member Gens. I believe that this would cut down on guild hoppers. Those who like to join a guild, have the guild support them to level up and get gear, then leave to join one of the hard core guilds as soon as they can be accepted. Basically, moochers. This does not apply to those who stay in the guild for awhile, are active and support the guild in thier own way but because of real life issues or other reasons, decide to move on.

In the mmo world, rank in the guild would be equivalent to tags. (Since it says Cartoon Generals under every members name.) A probation rank for in game can be used (recruit is what it is right now, I believe) for the app process.

However, this is something that can be discussed. Would we want to create a rank for those who want to be in the guild but do not wish to become =GEN=? Or simply have recruitment be open and membership to the Gens is purely optional. If this is the way we want to go with, it is my opinion that Gens still be in the leadership roles and that non-gen guild members still agree to our general and in game by laws, rules, guidelines and what have you.

8) Most important in all of this: fun. The atmosphere of the guild should remain laid back and fun. Even during intense encounters and wiping two dozen times trying to master an encounter, it should still remain fun. It's just a game. :biggrin:

Great ideas, let me take a while to reply accordingly with my ideas and suggestions...

Absolutely, Smartlink. I know that it is going to take a while to iron all this out. I just figured I would get the ball rolling. As long as the game stays on the same path it is on now, I believe it will be viable for a long time and I would like us to have a presence in this world.

Absolutely, Smartlink. I know that it is going to take a while to iron all this out. I just figured I would get the ball rolling. As long as the game stays on the same path it is on now, I believe it will be viable for a long time and I would like us to have a presence in this world.

Totally agree, if I was not apart from my gaming rig, I would be all over this, I think it has more then viable, will try to talk to other members of the Council to get their input!

I shall be getting SWO for my birthday in March. Will welcome the opportunity to game with other gens in this mmo. My question is, are there different servers for different parts of the world and if so which server is the Gens Guild on ? Can u join any server from any part of the world, ie I am in New Zealand.

Cheers Bloodstalka

I shall be getting SWO for my birthday in March. Will welcome the opportunity to game with other gens in this mmo. My question is, are there different servers for different parts of the world and if so which server is the Gens Guild on ? Can u join any server from any part of the world, ie I am in New Zealand.

Cheers Bloodstalka

Should be able to, Bloodstalka. I have not heard otherwise. The PvE server myself and several others are on is Krayt Dragon, currently Imperial side. I am not sure what sever our PvP guys are on.

When I see you on line I like to talk more about this with you. I like your Ideals.

Jeep

Sure thing Jeep! I have been a bad monkey and not been in TS much this week. (I have discoverd new music and have been blasting it while playing.) I will try to be in TS more over the next few days while in game. :)

Where the server be located?? If i may ask?

Edited by =GEN=kArtEl

Krayt Dragon is the semi-official PVE server. If you prefer a PvP environment during ALL game play, hit up Runez for the PvP server info.

That is not to say that you can't PvP on a PvE server, it's just by choice out in the world (by duel) or in the PvP matches.

Hope this helps.