IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jayne Cobb

Guild Wars 2

11 posts in this topic

Not sure who all played Guild Wars (I didn't really, but for beta) but the second one looks promising enough I guess. They've got beta signups open for 48 hours and apparently that's a big deal or something.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Adding a quick comment to an older thread instead of posting a new one about the same topic:

Anyone here going to be playing Guild Wars 2?

If you pre-purchase, then you'll be able to start playing on the upcoming weekend, Aug. 25th, which will hopefully be a smooth headstart launch.

If anyone will be playing GW2 and wants to team up in-game, then please post in here.

I have heard wonderful things about the game from those playing in the beta, but I don't have time to play everything I own now!

So, for the moment, I'm passing :)

Hi all my guildwars 2 ID is: Black Eye.9618

Please add me if you on Yaks Bend server. Please also reply and add your ID so that we can play together.

I'm playing on Borlis Pass server, if anyone wants to add me.

Just wanted to add my 2c about my experience with the game so far:

I played around a bit with the available classes until I settled for a Thief. It's very fast gameplay with it, but the further I progressed in the game, the more difficult it got to staying alive in PvE.

The story missions were especially a pain in the a**, as it was often just a corpse run, due to too many mobs attacking you at the same time.

I switched to a Guardian and with that one it's actually the exact opposite, where you just faceroll through the PvE content, even if it's above your level. The only thing it can't take down are champions, but the rest is free game.

However, I think the biggest problem, at least for me, is the change in gameplay compared to other MMOs.

I'm used to staying in one place (ranged/melee) and killing off the mobs one after the other, which doesn't work in this game, as you are supposed to dodge attacks and be much more mobile during the fights as opposed to other games.

AoE is also quite important, due to fighting groups of mobs most of the time, so that single target attack skills can cause issues.

This is most likely also the cause of my issues with the Thief, as I just don't get it how I'm supposed to play the class to utilize it to its full potential.

However, it's also kind of a good thing, as it shows that they are bringing something new to the table for the MMO genre, which is about time after all those WoW clones.

Anyway, the game is still a blast, once you find the class that suits your playstyle. If you're into fantasy MMOs or love PvP games, then you should give it a try.