IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Icutyou

Day or two break

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm going to be taking a break from SWToR for a few days. The 1.2 patch completely destroyed what I'd farmed up since I had hit level 50, by nerfing what I was wearing, then making the upgraded tiers vastly easier to get and removing the requirement that I had been trying to farm to wear it. Mildly peeved, because if it had been in the patch notes, I would have just waited to get the better gear, gear that I could have purchased 5 times over. Then, on top of it, they released notes that they would make you able to -exchange- commendations that you had (that no longer exist) back, so that you -could- purchase the gear, and then never released the ability to exchange it. Found a forum post in their announcement section, the -day before- the patch was released that the commendations needed to be spent that day, or they'd be lost. I have since received word from support that they will give me comparable value for my commendations and gear back in WZ commendations, which -does- fix the issue, but that does not make me less irritated that they could have easily given warning long ago in the patch notes, not a day before.

Sorry about this, but it is somewhat irritating. Thus, I'll be in WoT or some such for a couple days.

*cough* read the patch notes and website occasionally *cough* all those changes were announced weeks ago *cough*

Well they left out the fact that the Champion Tokens were just going to be turned into Mush =p Nor does it mention that Champion -armor- was no longer for sell, just the bags.

Pretty much. I knew the Bags wouldn't be for sell any more, which was going to be a headache but not that big of a deal. They left out the fact that they were removing Valor requirements for the armor too. I -did- read the notes, and saw a couple of headaches in them, but they left out some really key points.

I guess that free 30 days for the inconvenience doesn't make up for it either.

Oh, no no, the free 30 days was quite nice =p but I hadn't seen that until -after- I had sent it in to Support. They were understanding and agreed to exchange my Champ commendations back to Warzone, but I figure I will give them a few days to smooth out the patches and what they are fixing/reversing/etc.