IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CookieMonster

mechwarrior intentions/faction

29 posts in this topic

So with the beta going through its paces now, thought i might start some talk about the game. I gather that there is some pretty good interest in playing it.

I *think* wed have the choice of picking a faction OR going merc. If thats wrong please correct me.

Also from what i understand, going 'merc' is the only way to form a "clan" in game. I think you lose whatever house bonus might be available doing so, but you get more freedom of movement.

At any rate im going to try and find the forum posts that might shed light on those questions, if you do before me please post them.

So have we thought about:

Do we intend to form a clan for the game?

Whod be in charge?

Under what name?

Since were drawing near launch, might be a good idea to start thinking/discussing these things if ta havent already.

http://www.mwowiki.org/index.php?title=About_MechWarrior_Online#Fighting_for_a_Nation

Found a bit of info here. In a nut shell:

House faction players dont pick their fights, but their fights help out the houses global perks and planetary control. Essentially pub matches with IS consequences.

Mercs fight in the border planets, much like clan wars in WoT now. They can also earn loyalty points for the house theyve contracted with giving them bonuses

Lone wolves fill in any fight that cant be filled by mercs/factioned units. No control over what side theyd end up fighting for

Id *assume* but ya never know...

So here's a list of reserved names from the GENS:

Meradock (azhrael)

Dragonfire_Sr

Hodgy

CookieMonster

Bloodstalka

-Burnout-

Bionic Taco

Hsunami

Hellspawned

CaptMike

Lead Magnet

Thor23

Bowms

Logan Pryde (don julio)

Fenn101

GenJeep

Lan Mandragoran

Broekn

Mastidon

The Hero of Canton

Armorhand

Grapeape911

Terrakian

Very nice start! Least enough to give it a go and see if its something worthwhile :) im excited about it.

So DF also mentioned a name : Blackstar Mercs.

Anyone else reserved their name?

Any other suggestions on merc corps name?

Nominations for leadership?

Am i beating a dead horse trying to get something organized/planned out, or is this a bad weekend cause were all cookin out and visiting national cemetaries for Memorial Day?

Edited by =GEN=CookieMonster

Well Cookie, i don't think its a dead horse, but you may be trying to ride a foal before its ready to ride. :whistling:

DRAGONFIRE Sr

HOUSE KURITA (DRACONIS COMBINE)

MW2 Mercs

Blackstar Mercenaries

<^B*>DRAGONFIRE

When Comstar didn't want to get their hands dirty, they would call us!

I also reserved Mastidon so you can count me in on what ever the plan may end up being.

I don't have a preference at all what faction I am. My pilot name is "The Hero of Canton", as Jayne in pretty much any form I wanted was taken.

i thought that was some kind of funny-ha-ha reference i didnt get when i saw it earlier Jane, my bad man! The list is updated.

Armorhand is MINE!!!!! lol... yep, it's reserved in MWO..... ...yes, technically I'm TBC, I know....

So who will be spending the 60.00 for the founders pack and the premium mech? Mech you will be getting as premium? I think there are 4 to choose from

So sales of the Founder's Pack start on the 19th at 1000 PST. I know I already asked but didn't have many responses. Who is getting it and What mech are they choosing?

its up for sale now through the 7th of Aug for anyone interested in it. I'll be buying mine on payday :-/ looked at my fundage and wife's b-day takes priority.

do your due diligence on the variants available! research their loadouts and match 'em with your playstyle as that is the first question you'll be asked when clicking to buy the founders pack! (wish they'd let us choose which variant...but w/e, cant win them all)

LoL.. They gotta make money also. All the people willing to drop money into the game makes it Free2Play for all the people that are not willing to drop money into it.

True, spent my fair share in WoT..but 120 up front is kinda steep. Ill stck with the $60 flavor, that's retail price for a new game..I can handle that