IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

TheBuddhaMan

A lot of big changes

9 posts in this topic

So, I was hoping we would be able to ease into the next phase of our tanking legacy. I think we who are active in tanks can agree that things have been kinda rough lately, with the higher ups being stressed over the apparent division of goals and desires of our members, and the tensions that have been coming up between some, as well as our inability to work together effectively. These stresses seem to have come to a head, with two of our valued tankers, Dragon and Grape, leaving the group, and placing me in charge. It was my hope that this would be a positive change, as I believe I can get everyone on the same page, and see our team working together, cohesively, and effectively. I was also hoping to resolve the conflicts that are taking place between members, as it is not, in my belief so much a problem of differing personality types, but rather disagreement on terms of how we are playing the game. I have been working on many ideas and strategies to see these problems resolved, in a manner that would be both noninvasive to our players' gaming style, nor their time and freedom. However, it seems that before I have even had a chance to implement or even discuss these ideas with the group, people are having their doubts about staying involved in the team. I do not wish to isolate any members in this message, however we are already seeing fallout, and to the best of my knowledge, there has been no public announcement nor explanation from these members about why this is happening, leaving us to guess at the reasons, and me to attempt to explain before I have even really announced my change in position. I realize that these members have probably left because have been too stressed with their roles and responsibilities in their former roles within tanks. However, I believe it is unfair to the group and to me as the new commander to undergo these actions without warning or explanation. I have to question these whether the intent of these actions was to better the team as a whole, or to run from the issues to allieviate their own stresses and potentially see the end of the group, when I truly feel like we are a place to see some REAL and EFFECTIVE and GOOD change. And so it is my request that before leaving the group and deciding that this is all too much, that you guys PLEASE stay and hear me out, and maybe give me a chance to make this ship sail. Because it can, and I know it can. I just ask that you guys give me a chance, and stand by me in these troubling times. I ask this of ALL of you. Please, and thank you.

=GEN=TheBuddhaMan

I do sincerely apologize if anyone feels isolated by this post, I am simply trying to keep everyone together, and I know that there are members who might get the wrong impression from these sudden changes, and I would like for that not to happen :-D

Hey Buddha,

I should be back in a week or so and I can lend a hand where needed just let me know

WOLF! It'll be great to have you back man! All I can ask is that you guys show up, and it seems that you're already gettin on it. Good man, good man.

Well the issue I have is that while clanwars is going on I am usually at work or getting ready to walk out the door to work. When I am online and can play there are no landings or anything. I don't see my schedule changing anytime soon. Unless it gets busier.

Sorry to see this happening....since I've joined havok i've seen them go through similar things. If I can help in anyway, let me know.

Among other things I now have a job(not living in my truck anymore like the past 2 months) and the hours I normally work is 300 PM to Midnight.... So that leaves me out of clan wars for the most part except for my two days off (tues and Thursday) and those days im usually sleeping for the most part until later at night (like now 117AM when I just got home from work)so for the most part my clan wars participation will be sketchy at best sorry to say...

Also, Where are Grape and Dragon going???

As I already mentioned to you Buddha, I will be around as often as I can. That may consist of about 4 nights a week for clan wars timeframe. Of course I try to get on later on most evenings.