IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Cappy

Medal of Honor Warfighter

49 posts in this topic

Hate to say it, but I agree to have it shut down as well.

It's great when everyone is around to play on it... I don't think the costs match the interest and availability of the clan members.

Let see if I understand...

We have a MoH Warfighter server here in the U.S. that we have been using as a testbed server (changing rules, game types, server settings etc...) and when we don't get a following in a few short weeks so, we are going to shut it down.

We have a MoH Warfighter server in Asia that has had no rules set to enforce (pubbers play as they will) in a restricted play area. This server has a following after a few short weeks. We are leaving it active.

We have a BF3 server that has been running for awhile and we have not been able to get players for. So instead of shutting it down we move it to Asia and leaving it active.

I submit that the testing on the U.S. MoH server has not had a chance to provide conclusive data. Each time we change rules we need to allow the same amount of time to get the server active. The server was active when we left it run-n-gun (as the Asia server is). We then set rules to walk-tac (which is not a favorite game style if we go by the server browser activity results) and have not even tried crouch-tac.

If our idea is to put out a server with set rules then close it down when it does not quickly develop a following, then the U.S. server needs to be shut down - but so does the BF3 server.

All Asian servers will remain open. Nothing happening to the u.s. server meaning warfighter untell the other council members agree to shutting it down. Battlefield 3 will be moved to Asia asap.

The issue is we have people that want to have rules which I personal feel is not needed. Other don't want rules so we're dose that leaves us? No ones playing our server that's the issue like Bf 3. not doing this again ,Some can't even play warfighter with the current issues that even that bad.

I do agree with Taco,

So far the best fun I have had was with crouch.

Admin a walk server is very hard to do.

Why close the American server? I played on it a lot. The Asian server was always full and it was soft core. I prefer hard core. If we put the same game mode on the Asian server, then yes. Close the American server if no clan member play on it. I mean, who cares if no pubber is playing? All I care about is to play with my mate on our server.

If they go to another clan's server to play, I will not usually go. a

If we are just 4 on our server and follow our rules, it is still fun for me. I am not a killing machine anyway, I do not need 45 kills to satisfy me. I am happy if I lost and the game was a close one. If I play against Waller, though... it's one sided fun.

:confused:

Anyway. Come on and patch the buggy game before it dies, will you?

As for this clan...it is really 2 clans in one now and we try to pretend we are still one.

There is the "FPS" part of the clan and the Tank game clan. We usually don't meet each other. During the golden days of Black Ops, we all played it but those days are unfortunately over.

Worst part is that we play 4 or 5 different games in the first person shooter category and our roster is not big enough to support our servers. Even worst, some members, especially in the US for some reason, prefer playing on public servers than playing on our servers, which helps no one.

What made this clan what it is, is we where one of only a few real crouch servers{by real i mean well adminned}.that is what got us going.. we had at one stage almost 120 members all playing FPS {blops}

Since tanks came about, we have had a few FPS guys going over to tanks , and thats brilliant, if thats what they want , i would rather them wearing our tags playing the game than leaving the clan and playing elsewhere.

The issues with FPS at the moment is 2 fold..

1) the current games {BF3 AND MOH} dont lend themselves to well for admins..no spectate ,speed to slow in crouch, maps too big for crouching.

2) Timezones:Currrently the most active BF3 and MOH are asian based players..Fro what i understand, these guys play either rule set without much issue .The few US based players that we do have either dont like the server rules, or are so limited in the availability of other admins, that it becomes intolerable to spend all game every game trying to admin.. remember there is safety in numbers,, loads of admins = minimal work .therefore more time to enjoy/play the game..as a consequence its more enjoyable to play elsewhere..

resolution to this problem?? in my humble opinion.. we need to make a rule set and STICK WITH IT.. no more chopping and changing rules, it makes us look like we have no identity,also confuses the shit out of anyone who stumbles across our servers,,'last week i was forced to crouch, didnt like ti at first but now i do..now i dont have to follow any rules."

I really like the game, but compared to blops it takes several minutes for me to start Origin, load the game, wait through the intro-scenes, wait for menu screen to load, select the server and finally wait for the game to load, so that I usually just check the website for the server stats & people in Warfighter TS channel to see if there's any game going on in the US/Asian servers.

However, lately it's only quite busy during the weekends, at least based on the times I'm checking, which is late afternoon - early night PST.

We managed to get a small group of GENs together every now and then during the week, but even when playing for about an hour there were no pubbers joining at all, which is quite odd.

It really sounds as if it could be the ruleset preventing people from joining, or it's just not busy enough for pubbers to start joining up as well.

Nevertheless, I feel that it's too early to drop the server already, seeing that the game hasn't even been out for a month and Asia actually has their release today.

Yes, there are admin issues and the game could use quite a few improvements, but overall I'm having a blast playing it, so that it would be good if we would give it a chance by working out the server rules and by trying to get some more playtime going on it.

Myself, when I log on, I will go on our server even if it is empty in hopes of populating it. Does not always happen. Folks work, go to school etc...Most play early morning or at night. The weekend seems for obvious reason the most time you would see a populated server. The different time zones will yield the same effect.

The game is new and without a beta to work off of, the admin tools will come later. No spectator mode hinders, but not halts us form admiring the best we can. We relay on observations and feed back either from our direct observation or from another player.

Hopefully all will be fixed soon. Give it some time to mature and enjoy what we do have.

My 2 cents...

Be strong and stay positive

Semper Fi

Edited by =GEN=SixFour

Well to comment on this.. I logged on a little while ago and played on the asian server because it was almost full. Why are we trying to look for the next Black Ops? Why not take Medal of Honor Warfighter and make a new name for ourselves. I had great fun playing Immersive with no rules on that server. If you are playing Immersive and you hipfire, you are liable to take a clip or 2 to kill someone. So why not just run an immersive server and let the game do the rest?

Just my 2 cents.

This may be a grey area here, but here is a simple observation... Seems almost no one but a select few have been playing regularly on our server the past month, yet everyone is deciding how it should be ran.

The idea of this clan Witek is that if you are member of the clan you get a say in votes, such as server rules, members coming in etc etc. To say to anyone in this clan your opinion is not warrented or required is not only rude but goes against what this clan is about.

I work away from home and can only play games for about 6 hours on the weekend, i always try to populate CG servers, because we pay for them, are you saying my opinion on server rules doesn't matter cause i can't play during the week? I think not.

That being said, If you all remember back to when Blops 2 declared their will be no rentable servers, and as a clan it was decided to purchase MOHWF servers for the clan, I believe it was Cappy that said a number of times we will find a rule set and Stick with it, my question is for the Council Members and those in charge of server config, What happened to that Decision??? I realise the first 1 to 2 months of game servers is a learning curve, that is obvious, but you cant decide to Kill servers without testing rule sets for set period of time (ie 1 - 2 months), your data is incomplete as far as what is feasible, adminable, enjoyable by the majority of the clan (the people through donations are paying for said servers).

From the day i joined this clan we were a hardcore tactical crouch Clan, with the release of BF3 that was not possible with that game type, which is perfectly fine in my opinion as i (now i can actually play it) really enjoy the run and gun/vehicle style game play.

I believe Jeep mentioned it in an early post that MOH WF is a Tactical based game, Its right up our alley, Crouch in MOH WF is great fun that was quite evident last weekend when we tested the server for the Crouch/walk ruleset. Everyone that was on enjoyed the gameplay (even Lead_Magnet with his disconnect issues he has been having, just saying :teehee: ).

As far as server config, i will vote in the appropriate posts regarding rulesets etc, and be happy the majority of the clan has decided on the ruleset involved. I joined the clan when we had established rulesets for both Blops and WaW, these rulesets is what made me join, and it turned out to be a great decision, as we have a great group of people, who i look forward to playing with every weekend.

I suggest holding off on killing servers, making both Asia and US immersive (hardcore equivalent i believe), implement the crouch ruleset on 1 or both servers and let it run for a month or 2, the re-asses the situation with 1-2 months of conclusive data to go off.

My 2 cents, see you on the battlefield on the weekend.

All very good points Jinx.

It's not as if we cant afford it at the moment.

But I think changing the us server to crouch not walk is better.

Well to comment on this.. I logged on a little while ago and played on the asian server because it was almost full. Why are we trying to look for the next Black Ops? Why not take Medal of Honor Warfighter and make a new name for ourselves. I had great fun playing Immersive with no rules on that server. If you are playing Immersive and you hipfire, you are liable to take a clip or 2 to kill someone. So why not just run an immersive server and let the game do the rest?

Just my 2 cents.

My point, well said.

The idea of this clan Witek is that if you are member of the clan you get a say in votes, such as server rules, members coming in etc etc. To say to anyone in this clan your opinion is not warrented or required is not only rude but goes against what this clan is about.I work away from home and can only play games for about 6 hours on the weekend, i always try to populate CG servers, because we pay for them, are you saying my opinion on server rules doesn't matter cause i can't play during the week? I think not.

Jinx, I beg to differ. I think it is rude to ask the regularly playing clan members to struggle to enforce what I want to play on the weekends.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I believe everyone has a say (except Jinx). I also believe that with the current situation, right now the ones playing night in and night out should have more influence on how the server is currently ran---given it is nearly impossible to control it to tactical standards with manpower and admin tools.

Everyone voted, great. Now the ones holding it down are providing feedback as to why it doesn't work.

Crouch should be easier to admin. Still say run-n-gun to keep the server on the map until better admin tools are available. Or we just deal with an under used or empty tactical server :confused:

Jinx, I beg to differ. I think it is rude to ask the regularly playing clan members to struggle to enforce what I want to play on the weekends. Maybe I wasn't clear. I believe everyone has a say (except Jinx). I also believe that with the current situation, right now the ones playing night in and night out should have more influence on how the server is currently ran---given it is nearly impossible to control it to tactical standards with manpower and admin tools.Everyone voted, great. Now the ones holding it down are providing feedback as to why it doesn't work. Crouch should be easier to admin. Still say run-n-gun to keep the server on the map until better admin tools are available. Or we just deal with an under used or empty tactical server :confused:

The regular playing clan members should be enforcing the ruleset decided on by the clan/council which ever the case may be, if this is untennable then this should be brought to the attention of the Clan/Council and acted upon immediately, through a clan/council vote to resolve the issues, I dont think nor will i ever think the ruleset/server set up on the servers (that all members pay for through donations) should be decided by a hand ful of members, because they are able to play everyday.

I believe everyone has a say (except Jinx)

You have clearly been talking to my wife i see!

I totally agree, Jinx (for once). I'm just saying the current clan voted settings are a pain to enforce. So we either change it or appease clan members and have an unused/unpopulated server 80% of the time. No pubber is going to stick around on a server that cannot fully admin its promoted game style.

I know everyone donates for our servers, but isn't it in our best interest as a clan to keep our servers full and open the doors to recruitment? With a handful more active members, we might not be having this issue.

You have clearly been talking to my wife i see!

I will not incriminate myself.

As of today, we are implementing a new ruleset, that will be tried out for 7 days..at the end of the 7 days we hope to have enough feedback from our members as to the funcionality of these rules, to see if they will continue ..So once YOU have played on it for a lil while {and i prefer for it not to be one or two maps,} make a post in this thread and leave some feedback..

We will now become a "no running unless under fire server"that means you can crouch OR Walk upright, choice is yours but no runing unless under fire..

As we cannot enforce hip firing, we will allow that

Running to disarm the bomb is also allowed, please use discretion when policing this rule

What we wont allow is..

Spawn camping

bunnyhopping

ledging/glitching

Deliberate tking

Swearing in game

trolling either voice or text chat ingame.

Disrespect

ALL ADMINS MUST GIVE A HEADS UP prior to kicking.. remember educate before eradicate.. abuse of your powers will see you lose them

What is the out come of this 7 day rule set? I need to know i'm making a final decision tonight what rule set and game type we are going with For 90 days.

we have seen a major decrease in usage since we introduced these rules.

Most seam to enjoy the rules on the Asian server, why not try that for a month?