IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Looseminded

SW:ToR Update 1.5

10 posts in this topic

So it turns out that with patch 1.5 releasing, the game's going F2P as well.

I might reinstall it and see what I CAN'T do now. It's fair to say the levelling was the best part of this game anyway, so I'm curious to see the rest of the storylines.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-game-update-1.5-november-15th-2012

I liked the storyline, but not enough to pay a monthly fee for it, so might give it a shot as well sometime.

However, I just hope it's not like the City of Heroes F2P conversion, where after logging in I wasn't even able to play any of my existing old characters, since there was always something connected with them that was outside the F2P rules and would require me to switch to a paid subscription right away again.

It felt like a kick in the teeth to the old subscribers.

I am going to check it out and see if I'm able to continue the storyline in the couple of characters I started.

But with the racial choices available to F2P players, I have a feeling that several of my characters may be unplayable.

I'd like to finish the class story lines but I don't know how badly I want to start from scratch to do it.

Well, this may also have to wait until after Christmas too :) Depends how the move and what not goes.

I liked the storyline, but not enough to pay a monthly fee for it, so might give it a shot as well sometime.

However, I just hope it's not like the City of Heroes F2P conversion, where after logging in I wasn't even able to play any of my existing old characters, since there was always something connected with them that was outside the F2P rules and would require me to switch to a paid subscription right away again.

It felt like a kick in the teeth to the old subscribers.

Yeah if that's the case I will be incredibly upset with the two 50s I've got (Sith Assassin/Imperial Sniper)

I am going to check it out and see if I'm able to continue the storyline in the couple of characters I started.

But with the racial choices available to F2P players, I have a feeling that several of my characters may be unplayable.

I'd like to finish the class story lines but I don't know how badly I want to start from scratch to do it.

Well, this may also have to wait until after Christmas too :) Depends how the move and what not goes.

I suppose it's a good thing then that I've only got three toons, one of which I may start over since it's been so long since I played (And he isn't 50). xD

So from what I can tell:

F2P (Preferred) loses 4 quickbars, titles, inventory space, Legacy Buffs, receives THREE WEEKLY LOOT CHANCES from Flashpoints, and we get two character slots.

Oi vay...

Don't forget slower XP progression and no accumlation of rest XP too.

Of all the F2P games I've played (I've dabbled in a half dozen). This is certainly the most restrictive I've seen so far.

But, since I'll only be playing to finish a couple of story lines I guess I can live with it.

It would be more of a problem if I was wanting loot to try to prepare for raiding

If it is restricting you to 2 character slots I won't even try. I have 2 50's already and don't care to only have 2 available.