IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Betty Boop

FinkyDinks recovery

24 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for sending you thoughts and prayers and best wishes for a sucessful surgery and a speady recovery. I do believe with all my heart that this helped my Finky through this procedure.

On March 20, 2013, FinkyDinks went in for a (sucessful) mitral valve repair via port access. This means they were able to repair the mitral valve of his heart without cracking open hes chest. There were a couple of hiccups during his procecure and he ended up spending a couple extra days in CV ICU and was expected to be discharged on March 29th, 2013. He started showing signs that he was recovering faster, and now is scheduled to be released on March 25th, 2013.

He still has a long road ahead of him to a full recovery, but we are sure he will be sucessful. I expect he will probably be back on the computer shooting at anyone that crosses his path within a couple of weeks. Hopefully, within a few months he will be able to rebuild my computer so that i can be the easy target for all of you to take aim at.

Again, thanks to all of you, and happy shooting!

Denise (Betty Boop)

Sensational news Betty, was wondering how he was doing.

pass on my regards and tell him ive got a rifle nade primed for him

Outstanding news Betty. You must be very relieved. Best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery.

Outstanding! So glad to hear that he's on the mend.

My son was born with a heart defect and had his chest cracked twice before his 6th birthday. He's 18 now and is facing a pulmonary valve replacement via the port sometime in the next couple of years (the one they put in 12 years ago is wearing out.

I feel what you're going through but the port procedure is such a faster recovery than open heart - because us oldies don't bounce back as fast as those perky young fellas do :)

Hope he continues down the road to fast recovery and we see you both on TS again soon.

Warmest regards

Steve

Excellent news Betty. Wish him all the best from myself and Marinelover. Speedy recovery.

Great News Betty, Give Finky our best, And to you as well, its always worrying when a love one has major surgery, especially the heart! Heres to a speedy recovery, don't forget to jump into TS to say gday and give us an update if and when you can.

All the best Finky & Betty!

great news.. i hope he has a speedy recovery and please give him our best and look forward to hearing his voice in ts and dodging his bulletts in game

Great to hear Finky hope to talk to you in TS soon

Great new! Amazing what they can do today! Will keep to both in our thoughts. Thank for keeping us updated.