IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Hodgy

[GUIDE] Arma 3

16 posts in this topic

arma-3_zpsfa615111.jpg

Arma 3 Information

ARMA3 Set Up, Know How and Bugs List

By Blackbox

Good Beginners Tutorial.

Intro to AI control

Dslyecxi's Arma 3 Basic Multiplayer Tips

Dslyecxi's Arma 3 Basic Infantry Tips

Very good beginners tutorial by TheSwissMAVERICK

ARMA 3 - Mission Editor [Tutorial]

Arma Website

ALPHA USER MISSIONS

Tips

1: First thing you need to do is make hold breath and zoom in keys separate. I use TAB for holding breath. Why? Because when you use your real field of view within your monitor (aka "zoom in") you also hold breath by default so after 3 seconds your aim will shake like mad.

So if you will make those keys separate by default you will have a light weapon wavering affected by breathing which is usually fine as it is once you get a hang of it and if that's not enough to make a good shot just press hold breath key whenever you want to make a careful shot.

2: The K key is your Compass.

Arma III Default Keyboard Quick Guide

Link

ArmA 3 - Stances, and how to use them.

Link

Edited by =GEN=Blackbox
Added Links

Gen, is ARMA 3 worth the investment? Can't afford too much these days. It will either be ARMA 3 or BF4.

Just wondering the direction we as a grp are going to move in...Thank you Gens..

just to add that there are fundamental differences between these 2 games... BF4 will be more squad based action fps game which will probably be more exciting as lots of eye candies and what not.

Arma3 is technically a combat sim with warfare support where rely a lot more on player coordination and games/mission are not written by the developers but the community itself. So eventually we can program scenarios that we like and play mission that's more in depth and deeper AI customisations. It has different modes to boot ranging from TDM, CONQUEST, MISSIONS and all of them can be customized. eventually it will have combat halo, APCs, Tanks as full war packs are release in final version.

For someone new to ARMA, have you ever play a game that your toon have 3 stance with adjustable heights (3 positions on each stance) and lean incremental? that's how deep the movement choices alone, and you still have normal(faster running, slower to raise your aim) and combat stance (slower speed with gun sight raise at faster rate and more stable shots).

Best of all, we no longer require dedicated server hosted by $ ripping server companies. Rather, we can get cheap server box or a clan mate with good and decent pc or internet can host it instead. Thinking of the overhead of this game is also a good consideration.

BF4 will come and go in 1.5 years before they start to tell u beta for BF5... with frostbite 3... it just become repeated cycle to feed them ur $ ;-)

But I would suggest to wait for 27 March when BF4 officially launched to make your decision SixFour :)

check out this walk thru about movement, weapons and some basic info about movements and engagement... even at alpha state I would say its more mature than most games in released.

One for blackbox. I know you going to love this one.

Helmetcam liveFeed Script Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

I use a G13 game pad so key binds are never a real problem for me. However when I tried to set my bindings for Arma III I quickly ran out of places to assign keys. Never had that problem before and I consider it a bad omen.

Good tutorial for Ai control.

At the end he also shows how you can use voice control.

Added Intro for AI control to the OP

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Arma III Default Keyboard Quick Guide

Link

ArmA 3 - Stances, and how to use them.

Link

Added to the OP.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

NP Mate.

Just one more thing, getting into game on your own can be very frustrating, I strongly recommend getting into game with us. Take your time learn the controls the game can be very rewarding if you put in the effort.

Dslyecxi MP Tips

Dslyecxi's Arma 3 Basic Infantry Tips

Added to the OP

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Very good beginners tutorial for arma 3 editor

Added to the OP

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

N1 Hodgy I am going to watch all this info on Saturday, The scope of this game is enormous!

Just the fact you can make your own little sp missions and expand from there is the very nice. But if you and one of your mates want to make a coop mission and go at it, it's lots of fun.

If you need any help Jinx just ask.