IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Gramps

FNG

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I guess I'll start with a little history: I'am 62, retired from work ,but not anything else, live in sunny california, land of fruits and nuts, and wish I were elsewhere, but that's not possible at this time. I'am married with grandchildren (6), so things are pretty busy most of the time. I try to play as much as I can but rarely get on before 9pm PST, even on weekends. I play Blk. Ops. to waste time but perfer ArmA. I have been playing ArmA since the OFP days and have enjoyed every minute and am astounded at the advances in graphics, ai response, game addons and complexity that have occurred over the years. I perfer to play in a mature squad based atmosphere with emphasis on basic military style, which is why I thought I would try your group. If I'am in the wrong group please let me know, no hard feelings. Sorry but have to go, any questions just ask.

Gramps

Hey Gramps, welcome to the GENS,

We are relatively new to the Arma scene, but we too are enjoying it immensely.

We are currently finding our feet with alot of aspects of the game, so dont be surprised if we call on you for some feedback due to your extensive playing time with the game.

I believe you have found the right set of players to play with, we are all {well mostly} mature aged and we do try to have some semblance of military communications in game,{but as i said, still finding our feet at times with that, but we are getting there} .My advice would be, give it a try for a few weeks, see if this is what you are looking for, if not there wold be no hard feelings.

Look forward to seeing you ingame.

Hi Gramps,

I enjoyed meeting you and playing with you in Arma today. I turn 63 next week. I live in Connecticut. I still work but only begrudgingly at this point and hope to retire within the next couple of years. I'm married with 2 boys but no grand children yet. I play WaW, BlkOps, BF3 (for a quick fix) and recently have gotten into Arma3, especially when I have a chunk of time to devote to a mission . We have always played a tactical style here but expect that Arma3 will take that to a new level.

Welcome aboard. I hope you like it here.

Lead_Magnet

Welcome Gramps,

Look forward to catching you in TS mate and on the arma field of battle.

We are a tactical based clan with our hands in WaW, Blops, BF3, and Arma, be on the lookout for our fun night events including an Arma 3 bootcamp today, starts at 8pm EST but jump on when you can as Real life always comes first in this clan!

Looking forward to taking advantage of your extensive arma experience!

Gentlemen,

Thank You for your kind messages of welcome to the group. I too hope that the future holds a truly awesome addition to the ArmA series and as it develops I also hope to become a useful team member of your group. Most of my life was devoted to helping the public at large when disaster struck but my priority was always the safety and care of my team/ teammates above all. ArmA allows me to continue that devotion on the virtual battlefield and I believe we could become a truly formibdible unit in he ArmA community. See you on the field.

Gramps

welcome aboard your choose the right place hheheheheheh c u in battle field mate :thumbsup:/>:biggrin:/>