IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Jinx

BF4 First Impressions

9 posts in this topic

Gens,

Those that are playing BF4 please post your first impressions for the clan to see, hopefully in picking up some players that are still on the fence!

Here are mine:-

Domination on Shanghai map normal mode - 7-9 games played

2 disconnections (oh yes that old chestnut) not a major issue though.

Game play was great still encountered the old issue of only having a head to shoot, lighting it up emptying the clip and then being shot in what seems to be a couple of bullets (Lead knows what I am talking about)

The Shanghai map looks amazing with the awnings can be destroyed to use as another level to play on and a way to get to the roof of one building.

fast game play, played assault for 90% of my games, assault does not start with defib but does start with a default m320 launcher, the first recon rifle is a 2 hit kill or a count as a kill assist if someone else finishes off your target. Unless you get a headshot then it is 1 hit 1 kill.

Server I played was Australian, but the game was still very laggy, now I know my machine is not as advanced as others in this clan who encountered the same problem, so I am thinking its the battlefield servers not my ping being the issue, something that will be sorted quite quickly after release I am sure.

In conclusion BF4 looks to be everything that us BF3 players were expecting some great looking maps, great gameplay with extra options and strategery with levelution.

Has this change my mind about purchasing this game?

In short yes, I was an no on this game, but was waiting to wait for further information before a definite decision was made.

As soon as I can afford it I will be purchasing this game, I would be foolish not to, the COD franchise although great for a quick game with fellow members is dead as far as im concerned, lack of PC clan related features and moving to a console experience is what has killed it for me. BF3/4 & Arma 3 are the games I will be focusing on from now on!

Those that aren't convinced but did buy BF3 I would grab this game, maybe not for release but at the first sale that origin do for sure!!!

maps played = 4

disconnects = 1

Game Play Scale 1-10 = 9

Kill Ratio - cant say - I suck

Lag = 0 lag noted

Purchase=already planned

EDIT - I am running the Beta Nvidia drivers for my GTX 660

Edited by =GEN=A_Citizen

I am not running the Beta Nvidia drivers and therefor my game play was interrupted with being dropped from the game on multiple occasions. I played through only once on a map without running into a timeout or simply freezing with two hours of game play. I will report back when I can load the Beta driver to see if things improve. Because of the issues I was having I cannot give a proper Yes or No just yet. :confused:

I'm running the beta drivers and I'm lagging all over the place when I played the other day. Still, be awesome when it's sorted and hardcore miss is available. Even bought a stand for my ipad so I have a good view of the minimap.

Changing video settings from auto to custom and then texture from ultra to high has made the game much more stable. Only one freeze during about 6 rounds of domination and conquest. Still a mild sense of lag from time to time. The amount of improvement over BF3 is extensive and pretty amazing. Many moments of awe. The Shanghai is just plain amazing. Can't wait to see the others!

Love the graphics. Initial Lag but quick load time.

Changed my settings to low.

Taking 5 min to load now but once loaded was a lot less lag than two days ago.

Had 249 ping to servers yesterday and couldn't load into any at all.

63 today for local ones in Aussie got in after the 5 min.

Just spent $600 on some toys for mobile phone analysis so might wait a while longer before I commit to buying the game.

Edited by =GEN=Timberwolf

I also will wait and see it out.

After install of the nvidia beta drivers i have been running very smooth.