IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

=GEN=Hodgy

BF4 server setup and discussions thread

62 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I'm please to let you know we have started a bf4 test server. This server is for game setup and admin tools.

Server name: =GEN= | Tactical | Active admins

Ip: 66.151.138.31

Game type is currently set to TDM but this may change..

Please post your in game names here so I can set you up as a admin.

Admin commands

Please remember that the commands you have access to is based on your admin level.

Full admins can Kill, Kick, Temp Ban (1 hour I think) and move. Senior admins can Ban and Super admins have full access.

Command Response Scopes (default)

! Responses will be displayed to everyone in the server. Everyone will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing".

@ Responses will only be displayed to the account holder that issued the command. The command issuer will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing" but no one else will.

# Responses will be displayed to all players that hold an account ("display to admins only"). Only account holders will see "Phogue has been kicked for team killing".

All error messages are privately sent to the command issuer

Commands (default)

Kicking / Banning

@kick [playername] [optional: reason] Kicks a player from your server. The reason will appear in the response and is used to display to the player on the games menu. Requirements: Minimum of kick privileges

@tban [playername] [time in minutes] [optional: reason] Temporarily bans a player from your server for a set time in minutes. The reason will appear in the response and is used to display to the player on the games menu. By default procon will not allow users with only temporary ban privileges to ban for longer than an hour. Requirements minimum of temporary ban privileges

@ban [playername] [optional: reason] Permanently bans a player from your server.The reason will appear in the response and is used to display to the player on the games menu. Requirements permanent ban privileges

Killing

@kill [playername] [optional: reason] Kills a player. The reason will appear in the response and message sent to the player. Requirements minimum of kill privileges

@nuke [optional: team] Kills every player in the server, or if a team is specified will kill every player on that team. Has a 10 seconds countdown that can be canceled with the @cancel command. Requirements minimum of kill privileges

Communication

@say [text] Says [text] for everyone to see from the Server. Requirements must hold an account with procon

@psay [playername] [text] Says [text] to a specific player from the Server. Requirements must hold an account with procon

@yell [text] BFBC2 & BF3 only Yells [text] for everyone to see in the middle of their screen. Requirements must hold an account with procon

@pyell [playername] [text] BFBC2 & BF3 only Yells [text] to a specific player in the middle of their screen. Requirements must hold an account with procon

Map controls

@restart [optional: timer] Restarts the current map If specified will display a countdown timer than can be canceled with the @cancel command. Requirements must have "Use Map Functions" privileges

@nextlevel [optional: timer] Forwards to the next level If specified will display a countdown timer than can be canceled with the @cancel command. Requirements must have "Use Map Functions" privileges

@endround [teamID] [optional: timer] Ends the round and declares the team given by its number as winner If specified will display a countdown timer than can be canceled with the @cancel command. Requirements must have "Use Map Functions" privileges

Player control

@move [playername] Moves a player to another team. Swaps them in Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush and will cycle through the 4 teams in Squad Deathmatch Queues the player and will move them when the next die. Requirements must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges

@move [playername] [squad] BFBC2 & BF3 only Moves a player into a squad on their same team Queues the player and will move them when the next die. Requirements must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges

@move [playername] [team] Moves a player onto another team in no squad Queues the player and will move them when the next die. Requirements must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges

@move [playername] [team] [squad] BFBC2 & BF3 only Moves a player onto another team and into a specific squad Queues the player and will move them when the next die. Requirements must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges

@fmove fmove functions exactly like all of the @move commands except forces the move immediately by killing the player. Requirements must be able to move players between teams and squads privileges

Countdowns

@cancel Cancels all countdowns initiated by the account holder You cannot cancel other account holders countdowns. Requirements must hold an account with procon Custom Configs (basic in game command addons)

@exec Displays a list of configs available in the /Configs/CInGameAdmin/*.cfg directory This command replaces the "@exec -l" command of 1.6 and prior versions of the in game admin. Requirements must hold an account with procon (the configs validate privileges themselves)

@exec [configname] Executes a config in the /Configs/CInGameAdmin/*.cfg directory The config author is responsible for insuring the executing account holder has sufficient privileges No pre-made configs are provided with rocon, but you can visit the forums to download configs to extend the in game admin. You can make/edit/copy/whatever any more configs, essentially allowing you to make your own basic in game commands. Requirements must hold an account with procon (the configs validate privileges themselves) If procon needs confirmation of your intentions it will ask "Did you mean [command]?", you can then answer !yes which will execute your confirmed command.

Vote map commands.

/# While a vote is in progress, votes for the options represented by the #.

/v Displays the vote options while the vote is in progress.

/nextmap Displays the next map

/votemap Initiates/restarts a votemap

enablevotemap

disablevotemap

Edited by =GEN=Cappy
added the CORRECT ip for BF4,WHO MADE Hodgy OIC of nerd herd??:P

Roger quick question

Do we use an amended pyramid when admining as I see no warn command.

Friendly heads up x 2

then kick

if comes again

friendly heads up

then kick

Please post alternative if not correct

I would class warn as kill.... We will test this out asap.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Timberwolf516

Done :)

You can add yourself... Procon is running on the VDS....

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

What ruleset are you looking to implement??

A crouch environment?{is the game even conducive to crouch?} a run n gun?

Just a reminder to all admins, Educate before eradicate has always been our mantra, please keep this in mind when adminning

Axice

Is it possible to set the ticket count to 150% 200% or even 300%

The reason for this is that people with long loading times will look at a loading screen more then acutaly playing because the rounds are too short.

Edited by =GEN=Axice

All done..

I haven't yet given access to the layer im still working on that... But if you have access to the VDS you can can access the procon tool and change settings.

Try @say hello, to test

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

What ruleset are you looking to implement??

A crouch environment?{is the game even conducive to crouch?} a run n gun?

Just a reminder to all admins, Educate before eradicate has always been our mantra, please keep this in mind when adminning

I think we should KISS, bf4 is a bitch to admin. But try to create something that is different from other clans.

Axice

Is it possible to set the ticket count to 150% 200% or even 300%

The reason for this is that people with long loading times will look at a loading screen more then acutaly playing because the rounds are too short.

Hey mate,

With the low player count the games are lasting around 30 to 40 minutes. Would this be OK until we decide to up the player count?

if the games take that long thas fine by me, could not test it because my bf4 keeps crashing on launch now.

I just based this on other TDM servers but i guess the lower player count makes it better

I think we should KISS, bf4 is a bitch to admin. But try to create something that is different from other clans.

I think we are already unique in that we offer a small up close and personal hard core experience with a decent ping to PAC. Welcome my Korean brothers, HA!

Cappy can you setup PB bans on the server?

Will do m8, pm me the rcon PW, and ill do it in a few hours

FYI - Added the following to BF4 Procon Spambot:

Welcome to the Cartoon Generals

Add us to your favorites

Join us in TeamSpeak 66.151.138.164 Password: whatsupdoc

Respect all players - jerks will be kicked

All weapons, perks and play styles allowed

Check your fire and apologize for all Team Kills

Avoid placing claymores near teammates

Home page fixed so server listing appears at the bottom and server listing updated to remove BLOPS and add BF4 and Arm3.

Someone brought this up during a game last night, but would it be at all plausible to have hitmarkers turned on? Even in hardcore in the CoD series they still have hit detection sounds and Battlefield doesn't offer that. I was shooting people up close and personal last night and didn't know if I was hitting them til they were dead.