IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Lead_Magnet

Spying in WOW

16 posts in this topic

The land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and the home of the Spyed on...

Not any more. Used to, but not any more :)

If they had've spied on my raid groups back in the day, all they would have heard was me calling out to my guild mates to stop standing in the fire.

(If you've ever played WoW, you'll understand :) )

Im referring to them all Lead..

its an absolute disgrace that everyones civil liberties have been taken away under he guise of "Anti terrorism"... well guess what, if you dont try and force your will on people, change democratically elect governments, and assassinate anyone who dare go against the western hyperbole..then maybe there wouldnt be terrorists., then there would be no need to spy on everyone, but even in the 50's-60 J Edgar Hoover had a dossier on anyone and everyone from the serving president to joe blogs who protested in the streets, nothing new in these latest allegations just a shame that they have been so easily accepted by democratic populations.

Not any more. Used to, but not any more :)

If they had've spied on my raid groups back in the day, all they would have heard was me calling out to my guild mates to stop standing in the fire.

(If you've ever played WoW, you'll understand :) )

Safety Dance !!!!

I remember doing the Safety Dance :)

One of many "Don't stand in the fire" (or the poison or acid or whatever it was) bosses :)

Tell that to the Taliban.

Oh no doubt there should be surveillance of SUSPECTED TERRORISTS.. but the emphasis should be on Suspected{as in have decent intel or cause to believe they pose a threat .

What rubs my barnacles, is the fact they are spying on EVERYONE, without just cause or "probable cause"..Targeted spying, well fair enough, but blanket spying on all and sundry in the off chance you might do something that they dont like.....

What about the possibility that you are currently doing nothing wrong, and in future they decide to change the laws so what you are doing now becomes illegal, are they going to come after you?

As i said its not just about the Taliban, Al queda ,IRA or any other anti Govt group, becuase J edgar was doing this long before the Taliban where even invented.

I think what has made it more acceptable to some is the fact that we never suspected the 911 terrorists until after they struck. At what point does intelligence reveal itself and become intelligence. Supposedly terrorist activity has been detected by surveillance of this type. After all, how do we know that Angela Merkel really isn't a terrorist?

I know I'm doing my part every time I get pulled aside in the airport security line and patted down.

I think what has made it more acceptable to some is the fact that we never suspected the 911 terrorists until after they struck. At what point does intelligence reveal itself and become intelligence. Supposedly terrorist activity has been detected by surveillance of this type. After all, how do we know that Angela Merkel really isn't a terrorist?

I know I'm doing my part every time I get pulled aside in the airport security line and patted down.

"acceptable"?? Maybe, unconstitutional,? more than likely.

in fact a judge has made the same comment..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10521703/NSA-spying-likely-unconstitutional-and-Orwellian-judge-rules.html

Judge Richard Leon, a conservative judge appointed by George W Bush, said that the NSA

not at all,

Just dont give the Govt the power to do as it wishes without checks n balances.

Americans are always the bad guys in the eye of other countries.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

not at all,

Just dont give the Govt the power to do as it wishes without checks n balances.

Hmph! :confused: This is a complicated subject but the oath of the president and the armed forces is to uphold and protect the constitution. This has been sadly abused for a while now.