IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Axice

titanfall new upcoming shooter

10 posts in this topic

oh its a game???

with that title i thought it was just another Saturday night on the ale

Looks good tho, if i ever get my comp working properly might see about getting this {as well as other games}

I have been watching this for awhile. Looks good. But we will see

Edited by =GEN=Broekn

Just been reading up about this..

Seems its still in the air as to Dedicated servers.. it seems that it will only be 6 V 6 player s.

One quote that stood out.

Same guys that destroyed COD series are doing it to Titanfall, forcing map size, forcing match making, forcing # of players using bots to make up the difference, etc...

So ima gonna wait a bit before commiting myself to this one

This game is getting a huge amount of coverage. The reason for limiting player numbers is could you imagine 40 players with giant mechs? By limiting player numbers you allow for everyone to use mechs without turning the game into HAWKEN. It increases the WOW factor. Also, at least the bots they dont make people. the bots are dumb and they actually are designed in the game to be robots and are hackable.

If this game has dedicated servers it will be incredible. Here is some later gameplay footage.

http://www.gamefront.com/titanfall-will-offer-dedicated-servers-on-pc-xbox-one/

Unfortunately it's matchmaking only, so no dedicated servers.

I've tried the beta and was killing people left and right, however, noticed at the end of the round that only one of the dozens of kills was another player, so that my actual team score contribution was extremely low.

It's just annoying when you have as many bots as players (or more) in the game, just takes the competitive fun out of it for me.

The free running aspect is cool and it's definitely adding a tiny of bit of new elements to the online FPS genre, but overall I wasn't really enjoying it.