IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Jinx

Wasteland Server

7 posts in this topic

@Hodgy

Can we get a pinned post outlining exactly what needs to be done in order to gain access and play on the Gens Wasteland server!!

Can an additional collection be made in playwithsix in order to launch with all required mods turned off/ on in order to gain access to the server or alternatively can we keep the mod list exactly the same across both servers in order to achieve cohesiveness and consistency, and reduce load times!

Cheers in advance!

Jinx

##UPDATE##

The following expansions are all that is required to play the wasteland server:- (disable all others)

Arma 3

Arma 3 Zeus

Arma 3 Karts

Arma 3 DLC

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Would be helpful to know why Play with Six can no longer create a valid collection from this server.

Also when I manually try to search the mods listed above directly is Play with Six I get very mixed results.

Honestly, I have not been able to access our server for several weeks because I'm not able to keep up with the constantly changing mods, issues with Play with Six etc.

For me at least, it has been a turn off partly due to the fact that I don't have as much time to try and sort through it.

@Hodgy

Can we get a pinned post outlining exactly what needs to be done in order to gain access and play on the Gens Wasteland server!!

Can an additional collection be made in playwithsix in order to launch with all required mods turned off/ on in order to gain access to the server or alternatively can we keep the mod list exactly the same across both servers in order to achieve cohesiveness and consistency, and reduce load times!

Cheers in advance!

Jinx

##UPDATE##

The following mods are all that is required to play the wasteland server:- (disable all others)

Arma 3

Arma 3 Zeus

Arma 3 Karts

Arma 3 DLC

Hi Jinx,

Yes that's correct, the game and expansions you mentioned should not be disabled. We are running the Wasteland server without mods.

There is a reason why we run this server without mods, It opens the door for cheats. There is a way to add mod keys to our server but i have not been able to get this to work.

For our Wasteland server please start the game with steam and check what expansions you are running. The above mentioned by Jinx is all you need.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Would be helpful to know why Play with Six can no longer create a valid collection from this server.

I think this has a lot to do with pw6 not refreshing our server info. I have also seen our server take a good 5 minutes to refresh in the in-game server browser.. Still working on that.

Also when I manually try to search the mods listed above directly is Play with Six I get very mixed results.

Pw6 is still very buggy but if they get it right, a very easy way to add and keep mods up to date. The expansions list above by Jinx you do not need to add these mods. They are arma 3 the game and dlc. You will not find them on pw6.

For me at least, it has been a turn off partly due to the fact that I don't have as much time to try and sort through it.

Do you think we should hold back on mods until everybody gets setup?

At this moment everybody is having problems with pw6 but they put in the effort to get it setup and working well before fun nights comes around.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Maybe we have a mod education and set up evening planned.

Mostly I don't think I have had many issues other than EBCAK (Error between CHair and Keyboard (Me)).

Happy to run without Mods for a while on the actual servers so we can have everyone in game though.

Let me put it this way, the other day I decided to invest some time AGAIN trying to get Pw6 to work. No luck. Then I said hell let me just try and go into our server without mods and lo and behold it worked. I actually was able to spend time playing the game, found Hodgy, Blackbox and Rebel in the server, learned a lot about the mod and had fun. All when I expected I would just be spending my time screwing around with mods and such.

That's the way it should be, having fun playing with your mates, not spending a bunch of time screwing around with mods week in and week out with mixed results before you even get a chance to play the game. IMHO.

The wasteland server we will not add any mods. This server is a public server and running mods on a public server is a pain.

I will work on being able to use some mods but it will be your choice to use them or not...

The COOP tactical server is where we will run mods.. I think this server will be where we run missions, training and testing. I will reduce to only a few mods.. Once I get the setup stable I will run a training mission to get all up to speed. I will try to keep that a regular thing.