IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Dark_Hope

Planetside 2 101

5 posts in this topic

Recommendations I

• Play as a Medic or Engineer: using any of these skins is going to give a lot of XP, might not be much glamour but is going to be very rewording. And playing as Medic or Engineer doesn't mean that you can't attack, in fact as an Engineer you attack a lot and as Medic you also can kill a lot.
  • Make yourself a paid member: You might become a paid member for 9.99 per month (or even less) and your are going to obtain a discounts on gear and SC points to buy gear. Doing some math, you will discover that using the 59.99 of a COD will give you close to six months of playing and if you add the cost of the COD extra maps you will have more months. SOE updates the Continents and Bases maps every 2 months. And the more important, once you have reached some level, you no need to continue paying.
  • When a base is overrun, do not stay in that base. Most of the time one faction has enough power to overrun one base, in those cases do not stay on that base and spawn in another base, close enough to jump "by behind" or "clear the air" of aircraft vehicles. I have seen a lot of time attacks that are coming from outside the base and make the enemy go away.
  • And if the entire continent is overrun, try another continent: now there are four. Do not stay in a continent where the numbers of your faction are poor. Change the continent, change the war place.
  • And the most important, play in a squad. Playing solo is fine, I have played a lot of time in that way, but playing in a squad or platoon is going to give you not only more XP but also a huge advantage over the other factions. Planetside 2 seems to be made to be played in huge armies.- That's why I wanted to introduce it to the Generals, we can play as a big platoon and do attacks from massive aircraft fleets or tanks or assassin squads or hit and run; the possibilities are incredible, but in a squad or platoon.

Enjoy...

D_H

Edited by =GEN=Dark_Hope

I'll download it and give it a go again. I found it OK but it's a very team oriented game.

My recommendation... Shoot em in the face, they drop easy enough ;-)

Recommendation II (Courtesy of Waller)

• Shoot always to the face or head.
  • Again Max's anti air or vehicles (using rockets), use snipers; is not going to work to shoot them at the head, but they will for sure abandon its position and sometimes (with enough shots) you may kill them.

Edited by =GEN=Dark_Hope