IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McSpuds

Project: FOB "Camp Toon Town"

20 posts in this topic

We had a good time last night in ARMA, but I noticed a couple of us need some training in the operation mechanics of the game. Things such as how to use the attack Heli or other gun systems.

TBC had a real nice firing range that we used. It had everything in the game all set as a nice range.

I am currently working on a new mission for us, but I am going to put a priority on getting our firing range up and going. There are plenty of missions out there, but I prefer to build our own.

camp_mapa.png

If there is something you feel we need to incorporate into the range facility, let me know.

The ranges will include automatic pop up targets and scoring.

Project List:

Qualification range for rifles.

Qualification range for pistols.

MOUT Site for Search and stack procedures. Urban combat training for those not familiar with the term.

Vehicle firing range.

Helicopter Firing and maneuvering range.

Land Nav course.

Basic squad maneuvering

Edited by =GEN=McSpuds.pro

Oh im down with a training mission once a week. Its a little hard to get immersed in the mission when you are telling people how to fire a rocket. I have no problem to train people but I think we need a time and place to do so.

If a player does not understand a system they should not use it till they have been trained. So a new member to our Arma squad should only be a riflemen first.

I also really think your mission should have the task force radio. As the number of players increase so does general chatter in ts. I think its a little hard to be taken down a compound with good coms when people are chatting about how to re spawn.

Just my 2 cents. Train we must or we will never get the numbers up, But we need to be careful of the fact when on operation we are not to be asking all kinds of question.

Thanks mate :)

Agree. General chatter is getting crazy. Maybe a rule for a separate channel in TS (f not a radio channel set for Gen chatter in game).

Although slower, I like the GID positioning MOD.. I can make changes or add to the map so that it does not clutter the map mission system. IE it works off of a location.sqf file instead. Plus I can make micro changes in pitch and rotation that is difficult in the mission maker.

Here is a few shots of the wall and gate going in.... The lighting looks good at night for the fence line...

a1.png

a2.png

A quick Youtube of the wall going up... and the nice GID Positioning...\

My link

Progress Update:

I have the script working for a rifle qualification range. It will present 40 targets, some single, some double, at random. It will score the targets shown, and the target hits. I just have to get all the "Eye Candy" done for the range.

Speaking of "Eye Candy", the facility has been changed just a little. Now named "Camp Toon Town", it is going to be a full fledged forward operating base with all the previous goodies. What I am trying to build for us is a base map that we can build all of our Altis map missions off of. By using this as the base foundation, it will negate the need to build into a mission things like load outs, and training. It will also be available on the server 24/7 for anybody to join up and run either missions or training on.... For example, there will be a location for AI helicopters that will take you to a training range for pistols, rifle ect... there will be a AI plane there that as you load into it, will take you up and enable you to practice parachutes... There will be several other helicopters or vehicles with AI, that once you activate the trigger (get in vehicle or use radio ect) you will be placed into a premade mission. I think this can be a lot of fun. Although the ranges may be a distance from the actual base... IE you will get into a Heli and be automatically flown to the range... While at anytime, running any mission on the map, you will be able to call a EVAC from the AI or have the AI transport you into the fight... IE after re spawning on death...

More to come..

Nice..

When can we gain access to the camp for mission development?

I should have it close by this weekend... Still needs a lot of eye candy, but that can be added as we go...

A good portion of the main pieces are together..  I will be loading this up for MP testing sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Hodgy, I will need your assistance on this..

I have finally managed to convert a script into our FOB at Altis.  I built a brand new pistol training range from the ground up using a target script by Grumpy Old Man.

The eye candy is not in place yet, but it is working mechanicly.  I still need to adjust the targets to popup at certain distances(FIXED).  They can pop smoke and chemlights as well if needed. 

Very nice range....

The targets have two permanent civ no shoots, and then a random number thoughout the range as the targets change from each run through...

I will be building a combat range with this script as well....

Be sure to catch the video later today for our new rifle range that is working...

Our FOB is close to being released for us.

Here is a look at the rifle range.