IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Jinx

Website Issues

39 posts in this topic

Gday Guys,

Smarty posted in the shoutbox to start a thread in here for any website issues. I have one.

I used to use the Active Content button on the old forums, this displayed all posts that were active in the last 24 hours. was useful as soon as my Scrim posts and fun night posts dropped out of this 24 hours I then bumped them. I can no longer see an option for active content. Can we please get this added or me pointed in the right direction, or an explanation how I can keep these threads at the top of the everyones list.

Drop down menus top right off member name not working assuming they will be drop down menus.

Cheers

Jinx.

P.S. Website looks nice mate, very modern.

Edited by =GEN=Jinx

Not sure Jinx.

Also we are showing 3 old posts of fun nights/scrims..

ill havea quick look to see if  i can break the forums already

Oh another one ive just noticed. spell checker, dont appear to be available, i can spell, just cant type,

Roster colours seem to have beserk, cant see the normal colour tags anymore when trying to edit.

having an issue getting the right amount of info on the homepage, Server info, roster and Fun night events.

Created a fun night archive forum so we can put the old posts in there, so we dont get 3 outdated posts showing on the homepage.

Ive kinda sorted the homepage out.

had to move a topic to the animation studio "cartoon gens supported games", so it shows the 3 appropriate topics on the home page.

no doubt there was a better way of doing this, but i couldnt find it, :wallbash:

And another.

the upcomming calendar events not showing.{bottom of home page normally}

Jinx, drop down menu next to name works fine for me, the answer is use the Chrome browser (MS IE always gave me issues even with the old version IPBoard, had to toggle compatibility on and off).  In fact if you use Chrome you will get an embedded browser spell checker Cappy.

Boom, two problems solved.

Nice work Smarty, the validation emails are now working.

having an issue trying to edit teh roster tho, cnat seem to get the hyperlink working , see herriden .pro as the example.

Alright here are the fixes or solutions.

Jinx, to find the posts that where active in the last 24 hours. Click on view new content on top right of the page. On the new page you can toggle between unread content in active content active in past 24 hours, week, 2 weeks and more. 

Cappy, don't know what the problem with the roster is, I was able to link the profile with Herriden.pro without a hitch.  For the calendar, it seems broken all together, I openned a ticket with IPS to see what the hell the problem is. I tried everything I could think of, nothing worked so far. !

Ill have to try again, see hwat i ddint see last time..

Speaking of roster, can we get it on the drop down menu under "more" like we did in the old version?

I will be adding that tonight. requires a bit of code modification, but no sweat!

Calendar is backup again and running. links to our youtube/twitter and facebook page have been updated.

Working on adding roster under more link and adjusting the contour of the shoutbox. 

Alright here are the fixes or solutions.

Jinx, to find the posts that where active in the last 24 hours. Click on view new content on top right of the page. On the new page you can toggle between unread content in active content active in past 24 hours, week, 2 weeks and more. 

Ah but Smarty, how do you mark them all as read?

Roster added under more, found proper icon and tested the link, all ok. 

Changed the border colors on the shoutbox, now look better. 

Removed ability to change picture to all members, since there is now just one picture for a profile, then we must assign the avatar via AdminCP, but also means the upload to the site will be made automatically. 

So for example,Cappy or my self can save on our computers new or updated avatars on our computer locally. Then from the AdminCP, channge the photo of the desired member, select it from our local computer, then it will upload. No longer need ftp access to manage avatars.

Will be making all the missing our outdated avatars tonight so we will be up to date!

Excellent work Smarty. :geek:

On the Avatars, has the location of Change avatar been moved? i no longer see that option in"forum details and restrictions"

I disagree lead I have always used IE for forums and never had problem until forum change.

@ Smartlink. Cheers mate I figured that right after I edited my post.

Removed ability to change picture to all members, since there is now just one picture for a profile, then we must assign the avatar via AdminCP, but also means the upload to the site will be made automatically. 

So for example,Cappy or my self can save on our computers new or updated avatars on our computer locally. Then from the AdminCP, channge the photo of the desired member, select it from our local computer, then it will upload. No longer need ftp access to manage avatars.

Seems to be a slight issue with file size on ,definitely Hodgys, possibly others, avatars.

take a look at Hodgys and mine  Avatars,

Downloaded the png from the database, uploaded it in ACp now its massive

Tell me exacly what you did in the ACP before the problem started, cause everything was fine and now it aint, so I have to figure out what changed between now and then.