IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Jinx

Expressions of Interest - Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars - Battlefront   12 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be purchasing Star Wars - Battlefront

• Purchase Star Wars I will - Pre order
    • Purchase Star Wars I will - Post release
    • I have switched to the darkside - NO
    • Undecided - Require more information i do

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

Gens,

Due to the iminent release of Star War - Battlefront and recent chatter about the game here on the forums i thought it would be wise to stick a post in the forums gauging the Clans interest in this game and who exactly will be purchasing said game.

So please take the time to vote.

Here are the facts: (to be updated when more information comes to hand)

Game cost: $89.99 - Origin (AUS Dollars) check the origin store for your own currency

Gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

Experience Epic Battles on a Galactic Scale

Feel the ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down on the frozen tundra of Hoth. Zip through the lush forests of Endor on an Imperial speeder bike while dodging incoming blaster fire. Engage in intense dogfights as squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters fill the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars

Edited by =GEN=Jinx

I'm waiting for the gameplay trailer to be released to the public before I make a decision.  What you posted is a teaser trailer in the Frostbite 3 (I think) engine.

It looks awesome either way, for the time being.

Edited by =GEN=Looseminded

Voted. Pre-ordered. Fun fun fun. Use to play the older Star wars games so will enjoy either way. 

BEFORE pre paying on origin. check out these sites...

You need to be a bit careful with such sites, as it can be a hit or miss.

There are cases of keys not working outside their purchased region or keys getting disabled by the publisher/platform.

If you're thinking about buying s.th. from such a key seller, then I'd recommend checking their refund policy in case of a key not working.

Pre Order or when it is released, but either way it looks awesome and as a Battlefield and Frostbite engine fan I expect it to amazing and likely frustrating at the same time but I'm there.

You need to be a bit careful with such sites, as it can be a hit or miss.

There are cases of keys not working outside their purchased region or keys getting disabled by the publisher/platform.

If you're thinking about buying s.th. from such a key seller, then I'd recommend checking their refund policy in case of a key not working.

Indeed Shuqi.

As always folks, do your homework when buying ANYTHING on the net. a quick google search should show if you are buying from a reputable site or not. oh and of course be extremely careful of WHO you give credit card details to. t

F__k EA, they can suck my left testicle before they get a another dim from me..

+1, I won't touch an EA title. Haven't in 6+ years. Not going to go into detail why, you can do your own research on them, but they're literally the bane of the gaming industry.

Edit: http://nerdgasmicblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/star-wars-battlefront-is-starting-to.html

I really recommend doing your due diligence before buying into this pre-order or even day 1.

Edited by =GEN=GoldenGlovez

F__k EA, they can suck my left testicle before they get a another dim from me..

careful what you wish for

I loved BF3 to death, BF4 was buggy the whole way through, hardline was a glorified expansion.

I really want battlefront to be good, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I've given dice a few hundred dollars for what I equate to a game and a half, I'm gonna wait this one out to make sure it's good.

Yes Loose this certainly changes things if it stays true till release

BattleFront to have dedicated servers but without a server browser.  What the hell does that even mean?  If one pays to rent a dedicated server how does one get deired people (their own clan members for example) to come to it (other then the dreaded match making concept) and admin it?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Use-Dedicated-Servers-87247.html

BattleFront to have dedicated servers but without a server browser.  What the hell does that even mean?  If one pays to rent a dedicated server how does one get deired people (their own clan members for example) to come to it (other then the dreaded match making concept) and admin it?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Use-Dedicated-Servers-87247.html

It may be like the latest CoD releases, which come with a set number of dedicated servers (provided by the dev/publisher) and it will switch to the usual matchmaking (self-hosted) if all dedicated slots are full.

Dedicated server only means that the matchmaking session is hosted on a dedicated machine, but it doesn't provide any kind of admin tools or static IPs, which makes it effectively useless.

However, this is just speculation and maybe they'll end up adding some kind of paid hosted solution to Battlefront in the end (or at least provide admin tools/static IPs) - will have to wait and see come release.