IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dragon199120

Computer Fan

9 posts in this topic

I booted up my pc this morning and it was on a black screen telling me that the fan was not working also telling me that I can continue but it may damage the pc I took the side cover off and all 3 fans was working? I am wondering if it was just an internal issue or of it just glitched or what can anyone insight Me cause im not good with pcs when it comes to fixing and everything. I am wondering as well how many fans  a pc actually has and everything I googled it cause I didn't know if the fan was working or not and I checked the stuff on speccy my cpu was running 110-112 without anything running at all but it so I am just wondering if their is a way to tell what fans are which and how many are in the pc and what that meant when I booted the pc up this morning

What type of motherboard is it..

Did you have crash and reset your bios?

You should take the fan header from your CPU fan and plug that in the fan header on you motherboard for the CPU. This will stop that error. Or you can turn of CPU fan monitoring in the Bios.. If you let me know which motherboard you have I will tell you what to do..

Not a big problem if the you can see the Fan running.. you can just enter passed the error.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

In addition to Hodgy's comments {and he knows his stuff}

Install HW Monitor  DO NOT GET THE PRO VERSION, that will cost you.. and run this, it will tell you the temp of your CPU and GPU..

that was you can tell if the CPU fan is running..{Was a bit hard to tell by your post if the cpu fan was running, as you mentioned 3 fans but never specified if they where case fans or the processor fan as well}

"checked the stuff on speccy my cpu was running 110-112 without anything running"

That  110-112 degress, is that F or C?? if its F that should be fine, not warm at all, if its C, thats way to hot.

I am not sure what the motherboard is hodgy like I said im not that good with computers so I wouldn't know where to even go to check about it.

Cappy its f and runs that when stuffs not running at all aside from Speccy the 3 fans that I seen working, 1 was the power supply fan, other I think was just an extra fan  for airflow (not sure tho) the third was one right next to the video card it was quiet but working so im guessing that was the cpu fan? as well I haven't had the problem since I just figured I would ask since it may be a sign I need a new fan ? I'm not sure but if u tell Me how to get into the bios and see what the motherboard is I can surely let u know only thing  I know is that this is an HP

I downloaded that and installed like u said cappy then booted up arma 3 my cpu temp is rangeing from 135 + - 140 f 60+ c is that still not that hot or is it getting pretty hot?

Edited by =GEN=Dragon199120

Those temperatures are acceptable for an Intel I5 or I7 CPU.  They would be much higher if your CPU fan was not working and at some point the CPU would throttle down and and eventually shut your PC down.  Are you still getting the message that your fan was not working?

I haven't gotten the message at all since the first night but I also cleaned the inside of the pc out it had some dust built up into it might of been the reason why the fan stoped or I got that message but no lead I haven't had the message since then on the 29th it booted right up today and yesterday without saying anything

Cleaning might have done the trick, especially if there was dust or dirt built up on the fins of your fans or the heat sink that your CPU fan and Video card fans are attached to.  If you don't get that message and you check that your temperatures are in the range you stated you are probably OK.

I thank u all for the help the temp is stable the cpu gets maybe 150-160 f max so 60-70 c maybe depending the game