IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Lead_Magnet

Do you think it is within your rights to shoot down a drone hovering over your house?

13 posts in this topic

Course he should.{unless of course its a LOE agency{then they can do what they want., :ninja: }

With the advent of the drone that can fire guns at ya{Civilian, not military}.. take no chances. protect your family..

young  girls sunbathing in the backyard. pervert armed with a flying spy cam. internet streaming available. more perverts willing to pay to watch..protect your kids,..

Indeed.  Good on him I say. Shame they didn't take that step on his property too. 

Maybe set an EMP system. I do like the net idea. Then you can crush it or smash it with an axe once on your property.

Here in NZ they have just passed new laws last week that you can't fly them over housing areas without consent. 

More to come I would say. 

We had an incident recently with a drone caused new laws to be put through.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11485515

From a legally point of view, Firing a gun into the air would be a huge risk to public safety..... and i am guessing thats what he would be in trouble for not the actually damage to the drone. As a father myself, would i have done it..absolutely!! As mentioned in the article massive invasion of privacy, with thethe internet and smart phones, social media etc what they are today legislation and the right to defend ones privacy and that of your family needs to be updated faster for obvious reasons.

I do like the net idea. Then you can crush it or smash it with an axe once on your property.

Yes, and you can flip the owner off in the camera just before doing so!!  Perfect.

Technology is definitely moving faster than the law. I can see it now Drone Killer Drones. First one to come up with a (civilian) drone that targets drones will be in the money. For now it shouldn't be legal to fly drones over anyone's property except your own unless you have written consent from the land owner/resident.