IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Timberwolf

Gaming weekend - arma, insurgency, assetto corsa. any other of interest

17 posts in this topic

Come one come all,

come into Team Speak and let us know what game you want to play and we'll do a few rounds.

Arma III, assetto corsa, Insurgency, COD W at W, BO. 

you name it, well have a go if we have it loaded.

What: Fun Night

Where:  Cartoon Generals Games asked to be played (if the pers present have them)

When: Saturday 8 August 2015

Server:Ours or someone elses

Time:  7am EST SAT(check your local guides) and 11 pm EST SAT. Make one. 

Additional Information: Game on. Lets get a few in for some fun fun fun.

if i am ready with new pc i will be in fingers crossed (w a w at least)

Yeah I can do a little of all..

Guys if we race you will need to test voice activated in TS.. I don't think xbox controls you can have a push to talk key.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

I'm thinking about giving that Corsa one a try, but will need to sort out my desktop PC first (had an HDD crash and lost most of my steam apps data).

I'm thinking about giving that Corsa one a try, but will need to sort out my desktop PC first (had an HDD crash and lost most of my steam apps data).

also called running scared hey shuqi ;)

also called running scared hey shuqi ;)

Scared of my bandwidth cap when trying to download all those steam "applications" again, yes :D

Corsa and dream pack loaded. Will do mini test tomorrow night.

Playwithsix updated and arma tested.

World at war tested.

Am at Da ready

Guys if we race you will need to test voice activated in TS.. I don't think xbox controls you can have a push to talk key.

Huh, you need an xbox controller?  How does that work?

Tried Generic USB Controller. Failed. Used a wired Xbox360 controller. all good. except for my settings which i need to work on to stop me sliding everywhere at top speeds. 

No extra drivers or apps required. 

You can choose to mix keyboard with controller (i.e for the TS key).

Not sure if 360 will work that way just yet as the profile for it is under wheels and pedals. 

Edited by =GEN=Timberwolf

except for my settings which i need to work on to stop me sliding everywhere at top speeds. 

I'd assume that's because of the simulation bit, but Hodgy should be able to confirm.

...my settings which i need to work on to stop me sliding everywhere at top speeds. 

You cannot go flying around corners at unrealistic speeds.  Was reading that they purposely reduced the stickiness factor overall as they were testing various builds and getting feedback from users to make it more realistic, although apparently there are settings you can make for a course, but it would affect everyone.

We can discuss if we have go on the weekend. Stay away from the street cars until you get the feel. Go into car setup and make sure you have soft tires, increase wing angles and play with tire pressure. This sim is all about the physics, weight transfer and contact patch (how much of the tire is touching the road) are very important. Start slow and get to know the tracks, braking points and turn in points. As you get faster you can push these back to find the best line. Its all about weight transfer and how to use it to maximize grip.

The BMW z3 GT3 car is pretty easy. I have it setup on our server. GEN Saturday Night Racing.

Track is set to Spa.

This is not NFS so you need to drive within the limits of the car and your own skill. I suspect the first step is to develop your skill and then you can find the limit of the car.

Real world brake modulation works in this sim to. Here's how it works.

If its OK with you guys I would set a few rules..

1: No dive bombing. Using the car in front of you to stop..
2: You must say sorry for smashes you create.
3: All other =GEN= none game specific rules will apply.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

3: All other =GEN= none game specific rules will apply.

...was about to ask about how to crouch using a car, but then noticed the "none game specific" part. :)

I can see us already either piling up on the side of the road within the first few seconds or driving around at a snails pace while Hodgy keeps lapping us, heh.

...was about to ask about how to crouch using a car, but then noticed the "none game specific" part. :)

I can see us already either piling up on the side of the road within the first few seconds or driving around at a snails pace while Hodgy keeps lapping us, heh.

You should be right...

Huh, you need an xbox controller?  How does that work?

You get the xbox controller adaptor for usb and plug it into your pc. It will download the drivers and your set. Xbox controller working on your pc.

The one I am using is a look alike xbox usb controller and seems to be working well with the 360 profile in game

the ferrari 458 gt2 is a beast to drive around the Nordschleife. I think this is my fav drive at the moment.