IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=ShuQi

Annoying wireless mouse issues

10 posts in this topic

I started noticing some odd stuttering issues with my wireless mouse recently, where it would trigger the click release even while I'm still holding down the mouse button.

Sometimes it works just fine but other times it gets so bad I cannot even highlight a full word in a text editor. It would register a double-click instead or stop highlighting before the end of the word.

Seeing that it's a wireless one, I thought that maybe s.th. is interfering with the signal or the USB port the receiver is connected to is causing issues, but removing items around the receiver & mouse and switching ports didn't have any effect.

Reinstalling the drivers also didn't change anything, so thought I'd check if anyone else experienced a similar issue and would have a tip for me to try out.

It's a minor issue, but it can get pretty frustrating when the clicks just don't register or get treated as double clicks.

Not being funny, but have you cleaned the mouse??

i had a similar issue a month or so ago, the whole page i was viewing would suddenly scroll up /down.

Turned out i had cigarette ash, beer stains and bellybutton lint in my mouse wheel.

I've tried it on 3 different PCs now and it behaves the same on all of them, so it really looks like an actual hardware issue.

Seeing how it's not even that old yet, a warranty claim might work, but I'll check to see if I can open it up for some cleaning - maybe it really is just a simple issue with the contacts.

I never use a wireless mouse for my gaming, always wired. Less chance of issues. I have had connection issues with wireless, and of course the old dead battery in the middle of a firefight, have also encountered random events as above, go wired Shuqi always the better option.

I never use a wireless mouse for my gaming, always wired. Less chance of issues. I have had connection issues with wireless, and of course the old dead battery in the middle of a firefight, have also encountered random events as above, go wired Shuqi always the better option.

Yeah, I know, but I'm too used to the feeling of the missing cable where there's no resistance at all when you pull the mouse down.

The G602 I have for gaming is actually quite nice, apart from the current left-click issue, as it provides 2 different profiles for battery usage, so that it usually lasts weeks before the batteries run out.

It's just so frustrating when there's such an erratic problem where you cannot tell for sure whether it's a driver/PC port/hardware issue. I'd prefer if it would just self-combust, so you know for sure that it's time for a new mouse, heh.

Cappy might be on the right track.  Had problems with my wired mouse only to discover a fur ball in the optical cavity.

wireless mouse always have issues with interference and endurance... I ended up plugging cords for all my wireless mouse. I am using razer top end ouroboros mouse even.

Cappy might be on the right track.  Had problems with my wired mouse only to discover a fur ball in the optical cavity.

I took it apart to check if there's anything broken or dirty inside, but couldn't find anything.

try plug in usb cable directly (if available) and see if problem still exists.

This particular model is wireless only, so could only test it on different PCs to see if it shows the same problems there, which it did, so I went ahead and ordered a new one.

Thanks everyone for the tips & comments!