IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Lead_Magnet

America's Army Proving Grounds released

32 posts in this topic

It is a fun game. I have been playing it since it was released in beta, and still playing it to this day. There is a decent following when it comes to the game also. Population seems really nice when I have been on.

looks ok.. we can also have our own dedicated server.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Downloading for a look. looks interesting. No DLC's etc. Could put a nice even playing field for everyone so like Arma with the issue of not having DLC/MODs???.

And no cost to play or in game purchases from the comments I read.

It is a fun game. I have been playing it since it was released in beta,

I seem to remember that several of us played the beta a while back.  Uses the Unreal engine which is a bit dated but brings back fond memories of my early FPS days.  Also has a mission editor and a large community creating missions and maps.

So I am downloading again...

Downloaded game and cannot connect to on-line servers.  Every time I try it seems to corrupt two files that need to be re-validated in Steam.  Oh well...

Oh, did I mention I hate Steam?

yes sounds like you need to verify the game or redownload it. I never had an issue though. Of course it is outta beta now so who knows.

Edited by =GEN=Broekn

Server is up, just waiting on conformation from AA on the server..

=GEN= Tactical

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

The reviews for this game are funny

"I went 23 and 7 today and they drafted me... I'm 9 and a half."

"Most realistic game ever.
Killed a man and watched him float away slowly. 

10/10 Would float again."

Can somebody try this link? It's to register an AAPG dedicated server but I keep getting 502 bad gateway error..

The link opened for me in Chrome. Did you mean just the link page or once you submit it???

The link opened for me in Chrome. Did you mean just the link page or once you submit it???

Got it sorted..

Just wait for a authentication email from them to allow for public dedicated server access..

As mentioned in the shoutbox, ive now dl'd this, will wait till i get my GPU sorted then give it a run.

Hoping the guys who have played it so far will give us a few pointers.

As mentioned in the shoutbox, ive now dl'd this, will wait till i get my GPU sorted then give it a run.

Hoping the guys who have played it so far will give us a few pointers.

wear glasses as i cant see where the hell i get shot from lol.

Edited by =GEN=Jinx

Sod glasses i need Binoculars.

Getting to the point where even this screen is blurry to hell if i dont wear me specs

The reviews for this game are funny

"I went 23 and 7 today and they drafted me... I'm 9 and a half."

"Most realistic game ever.

Killed a man and watched him float away slowly. 

10/10 Would float again."

Thats gold.

"Im 9 and a half" :woot:

I have started downloading this game. It does look interesting and could work to improve clan participation (I know I'm included in this). I have noticed that during what would be considered global peak time, there is less than 2000 people playing the game. If we are considering this game for a recruiting source, this player base may not be large enough. Here is a list of the top 100 most played games on steam, maybe somewhere on this list is a game that we can all get behind as well? I'm not saying we shouldn't play this game if it's fun, but maybe it shouldn't be the focal point for future recruitment.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Perhaps Heroes and Generals might be a possibility?

Edited by =GEN=NZspecial

yes sounds like you need to verify the game or redownload it. I never had an issue though. Of course it is outta beta now so who knows.

I've verified it many times, basically every time I try to connect to a server it corrupts two files that need to be reacquired.  I have also deleted local content and re-downloaded and get the same result.  I played the beat as well with no problems.  Go figure.

That is just weird. Could it maybe be your steam install that is causing issues? Or maybe a port issue?