IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Cappy

Back it up..

8 posts in this topic

If you haven't done already, BACK Yout files up.. i was  belted from pillar to post with that bast,ard "Ransom ware," basically they have taken over all my mpegs, jpegs, docx,pdf pdf files on my computer,.

so i have a choice, either pay them 2 bitcoins{ worth about $2400 EACH } for a decryption key or lose my files. so im losing my files as there is no way im giving in to ransom demands.

So if its important,stick it on a usb, a disc, an external hd, a cloud, anywhere, but dont leave it on youjr computer without a copy somewhere else,.

also, if you are worried about being hit by the same virus{ and i would like to think im not  naive  enough to fall for scams phishing etc, but it still got me} theres a program available{ free for the time being} that seems to be a step in the right direction  http://www.easysyncsolutions.com/Products Cryptomonitor

I've experienced data loss with HDD failures, so even if you're up to date & on your guard with all the security stuff, you can still end up losing everything, so having a regular backup system in place is always recommended.

Just grab one of those large external USB drives and a backup management software that allows you to schedule regular incremental backups. Then just plug it in every other day or once a week to update your external backups.

Also, make sure to test restoring some files from the backups, just to ensure it's actually working. Backups are one of those things where you may not think that it's necessary until you got hit with data loss.

Lead, its Teslacrypt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576600/tesladecoder-released-to-decrypt-exx-ezz-ecc-files-encrypted-by-teslacrypt/page-15'

Basically what happened was, i left my comp running on friday went to work came home to find  all photos and documents encrypted  to CCC file extentions that i cant open unless i buy the code of the twats

That sucks in an unbelievable horrible way... Backing it up now. Online says that Teslacrypt targets those with COD or Minecraft or WOT installed. 

Cappy what antivirus were you using?

Edited by =GEN=NZspecial

That sucks in an unbelievable horrible way... Backing it up now. Online says that Teslacrypt targets those with COD or Minecraft or WOT installed. 

Cappy what antivirus were you using?

MSE, and Malawarebytes

Edit: just done a final clean up of the affected files.

had 35,000 files converted into the CCC file extention, including some musoc file, not all tho which was good. all in all over 20 GIG of files lost to these russian twats hope  its the coldest winter on record for them,

Unless you have the paid version of Malwarebytes it is passive and will not prevent infections.  You can only scan on demand and hope that it can remove threats.

Very disturbing that MSE failed to prevent the infection though.