IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Jinx

Open Wheel Event this Sunday!!

16 posts in this topic

Just doing some practice today for the sunday event. posted a 1:17 + change yesterday with Shuqi, then today i posted this time...... worried shuqi???? 

New%20PB_zpsh4vuudbl.jpg

You will need to be able to do that for 20 laps...

I don't know how many times im 5 seconds down in qualify but still win the race..

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

i was pretty consistent over 9 laps today 1:13. 1:14 and 1:15's

we will see how we go lol

Sounds good. ShuQi. I am hiring you to take out Jinx on his hot lap..... :)

I'm no longer focusing on lap times. It's all about driving erratically between the lanes and stopping on the tight corners by T-boning into the car in front of you!

My practice session to prepare for the weekend will be timing the pitstop exit just right to catch the next car :D

Edited by =GEN=ShuQi

LOL..

I have change the car.. Cappy could not get out of the pits in that old beast. My best was around a 1:10 and change in the Lotus 49..

Still open wheeler but with a lot more down force. Formula Abarth. These are equal to formula 2 cars.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

O did I mention that I watched F1 for years religiously from 2000 - 2007. SO you all better watch out.  Having been an arm chair driver I am probably very good. wahahahahahaha. :woot:

LOL..

I have change the car.. Cappy could not get out of the pits in that old beast. My best was around a 1:10 and change in the Lotus 49..

Still open wheeler but with a lot more down force. Formula Abarth. These are equal to formula 2 cars.

i am calling bullshit on that... maybe cappy needs to practice a bit more then.

i am calling bullshit on that... maybe cappy needs to practice a bit more then.

Hard to practice when you cant get out of the pits and that old lotus is sprinting before you can walk, no traction control and abs..

Throttle control is his problem.. 

I can add both cars and we can run 2 classes..

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

I agree with JInx..

I do need to practise more. but its a bit disconcerting when you spin the fuck out before you get out of the pits.

So lets load up the fastest, most uncontrollable. cars then we can have the best est EMPTY server out there, if the is no room for noobs

I agree with JInx..

I do need to practise more. but its a bit disconcerting when you spin the fuck out before you get out of the pits.

So lets load up the fastest, most uncontrollable. cars then we can have the best est EMPTY server out there, if the is no room for noobs

You mentioned steering issues before and now the spinning problem, which could indicate that the controller settings are too sensitive. Keep in mind that the thumbsticks and the large triggers are analog inputs, so there's a difference between pushing them slightly and all they way. If the sensitivity is set too high, then just touching the acceleration trigger slightly could cause such a spin out.

In regards to calibrating your controller, using the car that causes you to spin out would actually be good to play around with the sensitivity settings to find one that allows you to drive without any issues. Then try switching over to one of the other cars and see if the steering and acceleration issues have improved there as well.

Ping me when you see me online (or during today's racing session) and I'll try to help you with the calibration.

Snip

Sounds like the most likely Problem Shuqi, i wasnt aware,that you could "calibrate "the controllers. and any advice will be welcomed with open arms and possibly a cold b eer

Sounds like the most likely Problem Shuqi, i wasnt aware,that you could "calibrate "the controllers. and any advice will be welcomed with open arms and possibly a cold b eer

From memory you can load the xbox360 setup which is what i use. With only one change being the B button changed from handbrake to Teamspeak. That was the only calibration i did i think. If you see me on ts cappy jump in and we will have play around with the settings.

After that i think its just about putting in some time and get on the track. My suggestion would be to hop on with hodgy timber or shuqi as they were fast today to give you some pointers. I can certainly show you what not to do if you like lol.

Edited by =GEN=Jinx