IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Jinx

Cartoons Generals Fastest Lap Challenge #1 - By Jinx

22 posts in this topic

*** Attention AC Drivers ***

Challenge 1 - Jinx

Track%20Map_zpsl44z9yx6.png

Car: Ferrari 312T

Track: Nordschleife 

Laps: 2 laps (Out lap and hot lap Only)

Time Limit: 1 week to complete

Setup: No change to standard setup when entering the race

Rules: 

1. This is a cold challenge, no practicing allowed prior to completion of laps. 

2. Race in practice mode in your own time.

3. You are allowed one out lap as you start from the pits in practice mode. Followed by one Hot lap.

4. Post the best time to set the next challenge.

5. Post a screen shot of both your hot lap and both laps together as shown below. If you have already raced the track and don't beat your previously set best time take a screenshot of the in game laps after completing the 2 laps to secure your time.

General Comments:

This challenge is based on an honor system. No cheating, no racing other tracks in the car to gain an advantage, no racing on the track with different cars to learn it.

Gentlemen Start Your engines!!!!

My time:

PB%20Ferrari%20312T%20Nordshleife_zpskwn

Both%20Lap%20times_zps2z3k3sa4.png

Edited by =GEN=Jinx

Practice: 8:41:213

Hotlap:   8:25:560 (hit the wall twice on the hot lap).

screenshots timber wont count without them

what happens if you already know the track?

I think my best is around 7 minutes.. of cause not in that car but yeah i know the track well.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Think Hodgy should still to the two laps and post the times cause you never know which lap is going to be a bugger of a lap and he might go off??? :)

Also it would be good to have every one do it first to and post times.  Still got Lead magnet to go...... any one else out there? ShuQi

Edited by =GEN=Timberwolf

what happens if you already know the track?

I think my best is around 7 minutes.. of cause not in that car but yeah i know the track well.

No probs hodge race the challenge and post your times

Calling bullshit on that one!!!

:teehee:

Your right. it was  8:46:50 something.. i tried Printscreen but my comp crashed..{honest} but its in my best times area. ill see if i can dig it out.

Uploaded a png to  the file browser in TS asseto channel.. cant find my log in details to media fire .so if ya dont believe me Jinxy Boy, your welcome to take a goosey at that pic")

lol cappy....

Some great racing there fellas, looking forward to the next challenge.

Nice work guys. I put the car in the wall and rage quite..

That car on pro settings is very hard on that track.

Nice work guys. I put the car in the wall and rage quite..

That car on pro settings is very hard on that track.

My first lap felt like playing pinball, heh. I went from one wall into the next.

My first lap felt like playing pinball, heh. I went from one wall into the next.

I know the feeling m8, the last 3 cnrs i bounced from one wall to the next, coulkd have shaved 10-15 secs of my time if i could drive

In my first ever race yesterday, I actually made it around the course a bunch of times without a crash once the race started and maintained 7 & 6th place.  I avoided the huge pileup at the start that Jinx was involved it.  Yet I was lapped several times by cars that went screaming by me.  I have no idea what my lap times were or if I even finished the race, the screen turned gray and Shuqi told me that it meant the race ended.  Whatever course we were on had this brutally tight S curve that I could have walked around faster then I drove it but oddly enough the area I had the most trouble was the much subtler S curve that came after that because the visual clues approaching it were much subtler.

In my first ever race yesterday, I actually made it around the course a bunch of times without a crash once the race started and maintained 7 & 6th place.  I avoided the huge pileup at the start that Jink was involved it.  Yet I was lapped several times by cars that went screaming by me.  I have no idea what my lap times were or if I even finished the race, the screen turned gray and Shuqi told me that it meant the race ended.  Whatever course we ere on had this brutally tight S curve that I could have walked around faster then I drove it but oddly enough the area I had the most trouble was the much subtler S curve that came after that because the visual clues approaching it were much subtler.

Yeah, the race overview is lacking. Hodgy mentioned that there are some stats tracking plugins available, but I haven't tried those out yet.

About the curves:

it's just a matter of learning the track. Without the actual feedback, it's difficult to tell how fast you can go through them. Some look like you'd need to slow down, but due to being slightly slanted you can actually go through at full speed.

One thing you could try out is to join a game, go into the pits, click on that chat icon (bottom icon on left side of screen), and click on one of the other player names. This allows you to spectate them to see how fast they are going through the curves and at what points they are breaking and accelerating.

Timber In the lead with 8:25 + change anyone left to beat it?

Times Up.........

The winner is.........

>>>>>>>>>>>Drum Roll<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Timber wolf with a time of:-

8:25:560.

Timber to set the next challenge!!

Looking forward to see what you come up with!!!

Jinx Out!!!