IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Timberwolf

Cartoon Generals AC challenge #4 by Timberwolf

9 posts in this topic

Hey Gens,

Here it is: same rules as before. To be done in AC Practice with no changes to set ups.

Track: Monza (not the 1966 one)

Car: Ford GT40

Never used this car before and it shows. Enjoy:

MonzaFordGT40_4_zpsrqggunof.jpg

Mine is done: Had to do it quick as I am away this weekend for the week. I have loaded AC onto my laptop but don't know what the internet connection will be like in my hotel. 

MonzaFordGT40_2_zpszqkpvbhg.jpg

And there it is. Fast car. bad brakes. If you are use to the Ferrari you should do well. 

Try and make the corners team. could be easy if you wanted to, to cut that first one. I made it around on my 2nd lap. 

Edited by =GEN=Timberwolf

When I was a teenager living in Old Greenwich Connecticut (many very rich people with pony cars, Shelby AC Corbras, Sunbeam Tibers etc.) a non street legal seemingly stripped race track version GT40 appeared at our local gas station one summer day around 1967-8 or so.  Some rich guy somehow acquired it.  He was fueling it through a jerri-rigged portable outboard motor boat fuel tank.  He had no starter in it so he asked me and my friends to give him a push so he could jump start it.  The panel on the back cowling was open/missing/modified exposing this awesome V8 engine (not sure what MKx it was but guessing a MKII so maybe the 7 liter version).  The 3 of us pushed it as fast as we could about 20 feet (we were huffing and puffing almost parallel to the ground), the guy popped the clutch, it sputtered a few feet, back fired flame through the carburetor velocity stacks and then exploded to life and shot down the road so fast my friends and I all fell flat on our faces skinning chins, elbows and knees.

I've never seen a car disappear down the road so fast.

FREAKING AWESOME!!

hopefully get this done today or tomorrow. very busy with work and moving etc so crossing fingers..... some racing will be done first before thats for sure

ill have a ;lash at this over hte  next few days, been busier than a bee with tourrettes syndrome