IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Lead_Magnet

Squad

27 posts in this topic

Hodgy found this recenlty.  Thanks!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380

And some highlights from the developer's press kit:

"Gameplay faster and more fluid than ARMA but slower and more engaging than Battlefield".

"Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn't require a clan or private server to fully realize the potential of the gameplay".

Squad looks interesting Hodgy. The Unreal 4 engine seems to be getting a lot of use lately I wonder why that is? I wonder how contemporary it is?

Is it because the engine is cheap?

Yeah the game looks very good...

Seems no access to server files until beta. We should wait if we are thinking of this game as a clan game. Link

Website

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Game is fun. If any of you ever played Project Reality? It is a BF2 mod. This is basically the same game. Just stand alone. Project reality was very fun. Now don't get me wrong this isn't the exact game. But I think a bunch of the Developers of this are from the original PR team.

is it a jump in and play type FPS or is it a Arma style game that seemed to take us ages to get everything updated and sorted before a game could be played??

This could be the difference between Squad being our next clan game, or a game that some of us play like Arma.

Dont get me wrong i loved Arma III but trying to get an event organised was like pulling teeth, mods had to be updated & installed, play with six was great but buggy, getting everyone on early to ensure mods were sorted, inevitably people arrived after we started without the mods and ended up leaving because no one would help them get sorted. Making for a very Disjointed experience...

Squad is kinda a middle ground between the indepthness of Arma3 and the quicker start and get to know of BF2. It is very familiar. But the games can take long periods of time. There were times when Maps would seem to go forever when I used to play Project Reality. Which this game is kinda based on. As far as I know there are no mods to be downloaded. Just the game. Also it will auto update in Steam. Unless they start adding workshop stuff which I don't think they have yet.

Edited by =GEN=Broekn

arma has come a long way now with steam workshop.

You can subscribe in the workshop to the mod and it will keep it up to date.

Its the missions which are a pain keeping up to date, but i think its better now as they are not updating it as much.

If you are a arma fan you can download hundreds of user made mission including the mods the used in the workshop.. The amount of content is huge.

rfactor 2 which is my fav racer it's also based on the workshop mods.. It works very well.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

Yes Squad is similar to Arma3. But it puts some realism in vs Arma3 is a MilSim. A lot of different commands, buttons, etc, Squad streamlines that along the lines of closer to the buttons of a Battlefield game or something along those lines. Also there is a lot less of a learning curve for someone who is just starting out in the game. Doesn't take a lot of time to understand the game. Arma3 can be an information Overload for a new player. People who have played it understand it but the new user that never has. It is a lot to take in.

Edited by =GEN=Broekn

Not much to disagree with there Broekn, Arma was great fun, but setting it up could be bloody time consuming and tedious

@Cappy I don't think that is the case now. If you use steam workshop mods and have a set you don't change then it's very easy.

One day we should have another look!

@Hodgy. yes I think that would be the key. once everyone set up. no more changes.  then its just log on and game on for everyone. 

I see Bloodstalka on Arma 3 often.

Might look at Squad when I get back on the ground.

Edited by =GEN=Timberwolf

that would be the key. once everyone set up. no more changes.

for the believe it when I see it department...

only if you want to use a host.

The dedicated server files for clans have not been released yet..

Read the last post linked here

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

the thread is closed hodgy, server files are out and i do see quite a few servers while doing server search... if u read till the end it was closed last month asking when is file available. Our Admin has to apply for license.

No mate..

Do you think we should? If so I think its best that one off the Council do that..

With :

20% of the council,not showing up at all for 4 months

20% of the council only logging in once a month

20% of the council forming his own splinter group

20% loggin in regularly to the forums but not having  any time to game due to RL issues

and the other 20% being the only council member who is both active on the forums and in game with whats left of the clan.

I am personally all for you Hodgy, to take control  if we waited for the council to do anything it wont happen in the current climate

we can run a server without this to see if we have numbers..

I guess we should start looking at interest before we go any further..

I used to play Project Reality all the time. Haven't had a chance to play much on Squad. But the game or 2 I did play it was enjoyable. Just let me know if we get a server or have events with it.

I am keen to follow the crew. Will get Squad and Division but one at a time. which ever we are looking at as main first try. 

Squad is still in alpha mate.. still have time for this, Division is running now and some of our members are already max level...