IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=Hodgy

The Division

48 posts in this topic

my uplay id is jinxxx82 send me an invite guys

Changed my username

Edited by =GEN=Jinx

Looks like a nice patch..

I have already crafted all mine to gold.. :)

was just about to mention - based on the patch notes it sounds like it's best to convert all your craftables to the highest possible tier before the patch gets released. You'll have to gather all the lower ones again, but at least you won't loose out a lot of your items to the new conversion rates then.

The Division | Patch 1.1 Incursions, Gear Sets, Player Trading & Supply Drops! (Releases April 12th)

They will change the high end drop rates on items from 5% to 100% on killing named enemies..

I guess it is time I start playing something different.  I have been stuck on playing Black Ops and some Arma3 and I need a change.

I guess it is time I start playing something different.  I have been stuck on playing Black Ops and some Arma3 and I need a change.

It's definitely different compared to those two games, but I'm enjoying it a lot. It's a third person cover based shooter with a mix of MMO-style stats and abilities. It also has a loot system similar to Diablo, where you can get new weapons & equipment of varying quality from the enemies you kill and the missions you complete. Once you reach the max level, it's basically all about getting the best gear for your character, so that you can play the more difficult missions and stand a chance against highly equipped players in the PvP zone.

If you get it, make sure to post your uplay ID in here, so that we can add you to the friends list.

Just noticed this myself, but in case anyone else doesn't know about it yet:

- check the "Rewards" section for the Division in your uPlay, where you can unlock some rewards for free and for those upoints, e.g.: they have a one-time 30 Phoenix Credits reward for 40 points

- there is a free Rainbow Six Siege weekend going on at the moment. If you add the game to your library during the free period, then you can claim the Rainbow 6 Siege Tactical outfit in the "Rewards" section. You don't need to download the game, just add it during the free weekend and you'll be able to claim the outfit reward.

1.2 looks good, more loot for us :)

I think they will bring back many players to the game now with these changes.

Edited by =GEN=Hodgy

The Division | Tactician's Authority 1 Million DPS Build (202 Gear Score)

Well, guess my current 190k DPS build needs some more work then. :(

Hopefully the upcoming 1.2 loot changes will make it easier to collect set items, so that we'll be able to create one of those Tactician builds as well.

Well, guess my current 190k DPS build needs some more work then. :(

Hopefully the upcoming 1.2 loot changes will make it easier to collect set items, so that we'll be able to create one of those Tactician builds as well.

The entire loot system needs a revamp. as discussed briefly tonight, challenging missions (highest level in the game) should not be dropping green and blue items. purple and 163 - 182 gold items should be the go. Helping civilians should yield usable items not stupid appearance items. Dark zone drops need to be improved on a per bracket basis, with more opportunity to advance to the next bracket with more suitable drops.

And where does all the experience go that we earn?? New levels or conversion to credits or dark zone credits would be be better (or maybe a gold drop at certain xp gains i.e every 50k etc. And that brings me to the dark zone currency or lack of it that is, items should be able to be sold within the dark zone for credits without having to extract. which would then provide justification for those useless green and blue drops we so often get.

Thus ended the rant.

Jinx Out.....

Thus ended the rant.

Yes, the current loot system results in an annoying progression slowdown once you've reached a certain point, which is nowhere near the higher end of the GS table though. There's nothing you can do but deconstruct all the loot you collect at that point, which would be nice if you could then craft higher end items, but the really good ones are locked behind DZ level requirements.

DZ levels & credits appear to be aimed at PvP players, so that just killing the NPCs takes a lot of time to accumulate those. I get that the DZ is meant to be a PvP area, yet it's also the only area where you can consistently farm NPCs & chests solo or in a group. 

The most fun I've had was when we're in an empty DZ instance and we're able to just go from landmark to landmark killing those named bosses & looting all the chests. The items you collect are still most likely just going to end up as crafting materials, but at least you have some fun fights and don't just run around for minutes trying to find s.th. to shoot at.

There really needs to be s.th. equal to the DZ for PvE content, where you can consistently farm NPCs suitable to your GS. I have no problems clearing the DZ5 & DZ6 landmarks solo, but I can't survive even the first encounter in a challenge mode mission, yet the next lower hard mode tier is so easy that I don't even need to take cover anymore, just charge & kill everything in sight without any difficulties.

The revamped loot system scheduled for the 1.2 patch is hopefully going to address some of those loot & progression issues, but I'd still like to see some kind of PvE content that is similar to the DZ brackets, so that you don't just have easy or impossible mode missions when playing solo.

I wish they would take some queues from the current state of Diablo 3, where you can run randomized maps and set the difficulty manually, so that you can adjust it for your solo & group play.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy playing it a great deal whenever we GENs team up for a session, but I'd play it even more if there was a rewarding solo content available as well.

Skill Up

The Division | 1.2 Patch News | Secret Named Weapons, New Gear Sets & More!