IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=HeliosAlpha.

Call of Duty 4:Remake

21 posts in this topic

Okay, so as most of us already know, there is going to be a remake of Call of Duty 4 that will be released alongside Activision's newest iteration : Infinite Warfar

They have already announced all intentions of making it have dedicated servers and I am extremely willing to help pay for a server when the game is released. I see this as the perfect

game to get our clan resurrected and to go out there and recruit again and simply participate. I just would like to know how many of you guys are interested in this and would be

definitely willing to join me on the remake. Also, if we do this, who would be willing to be admins/moderators and have a dedicated person for recruiting? How many people do we have

on US time, Pacific, Greenwich, etc.

It's tricky, because CoD4 is still active on PC and holds up rather well to this day.

I may consider getting it if dedicated servers are indeed available on release, there's no vertical movement as in the previous few CoD releases, and if they are staying true to the original CoD4 gameplay.

This basically describes CoD4 itself already, which is why I'm a bit on the fence on this one.

Also saw this funny image mentioned in one of the threads talking about the new CoD game:

http://i.imgur.com/PnRdHep.gif

I'm in, I agree that this could be the game that could get us back to the top!

But I read you need to buy the new cod to get this?

bought blops 3 and enjoy it, still have original cod 4. why buy a new one? as it is only available with a $100 game i have no intention of playing. i am out on this one. Battlefield 5 will be released soon and will get my money, it is rumoured to be set in the world war 1 or 2 setting as well so could be close to waw which is still my favourite cod game

dedicated servers or not, i will not be paying money for a game i already own, they should have released it as a patch rather than another game. trying to soften the blow of the inevitable failure that infinite warfare will be. 

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/your-reactions-to-the-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-trailer

the above link gives both sides of the argument + the release trailer. you must buy the new game in order to get the remastered version of cod 4. 

it is a no from me.

Jinx Out

Yes the new Battlefield will be held in WW1.. The Trailer has been released.

I tend to mirror Jinx's thoughts... wait... did I just say that?

you know you did. live that one down buddy ha ha  :teehee:

Hopefully with all the dislikes on YouTube and stuff they release the cod remaster as a standalone.

Hopefully with all the dislikes on YouTube and stuff they release the cod remaster as a standalone.

possibly hodgy, i doubt it though, and i still wont be buying it even if they did. 

It would be a ridiculously stupid move not to. They are splitting up the user base and are putting the content behind a premium paywall. This alone would turn me off if I had intentions to preorder the game, as it means less servers/players to play with.

Seeing how it's a feature to their higher tier preorder packages, I doubt they'll change it before release, but it's most likely seeing a standalone release a few weeks/months later on.

Time will tell, but I think the remaster will do better than the new one..

That would still net them the same revenue so I doubt they would really care.

I would support a COD 4 server.  I am anxious for the new Battlefield to be released.  Would love to see what they do with WWI settings.  Hopefully, the multiplayer servers will not stick to simply trench warfare.

Edited by =GEN=Capt.Mike

I would support a COD 4 server.  I am anxious for the new Battlefield to be released.  Would love to see what they do with WWI settings.  Hopefully, the multiplayer servers will not stick to simply trench warfare.

EA had their live streaming event showing 3 rounds of BF1 multiplayer.  It seems your hopes will be answered:

Yep.Sure is. was talking with Jeep about it on steam this afternoon.  He seemed interested in the WW1 concept.

Edit: @Hodgy. Lost your signature or looking for a new one???

Edit: @ [ALL]. Infact a lot of Gens have lost their signatures. or were they all Arma ones?

Edit: Who adds them to Members? The Animations Dept?

Edited by =GEN=Timberwolf

Yep.Sure is. was talking with Jeep about it on steam this afternoon.  He seemed interested in the WW1 concept.

Does Jeep know that Cappy removed him as a member due to inactivity?

Yep. He tried to come in and found his account gone. Not to happy about it being a founding member and all. Think he is going to make contact to get back on the roster.

Jeep:Last Active Nov 12 2015 02:05 PM

Nothing to be unhappy about., HE made the rule about 3 months inactive, i gave him 7 months.

@Timber, yeah i noticed Hodgys sig gone: either he {and anyone else whos sig aint here} removed it themselves, or the host is corrupted, but a few do work so maybe thats not it?

Edited by =GEN=Cappy

hmm I also thought I was one of the founding members.............................................................

hmm I also thought I was one of the founding members.............................................................

you are m8, as noted above your name