IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

=GEN=Lead_Magnet

Cryptocurrency mining

7 posts in this topic

Has anybody in the clan gotten into this?  It appears that GPUs, especially AMD, are the preferred hardware for building cryptocurrency miners.  Supposedly you can make some decent money by building custom rigs with several GPUs and letting them run 24/7.

My understanding is that you needed to be doing it a few years ago to get any decent currency from it. Now days (unless you are getting in on a newer currency) you need rooms full of computers/GPU setup racks consuming vast amounts of power to get ahead compared to the cost of making it and the time it takes to mine enough to be of use.  But if you have nothing else to do but leave a few computers running in the back room and not counting on spending it anytime soon I guess it can't hurt.  

I would keep an eye on the power bill per month compared to what you are producing though. 

Edited by =GEN=Timberwolf

1 hour ago, =GEN=Cappy said:

Also, do you guys only pay 14cPKWH for electricity?? ours is 27c pkwh and going up 20% on July 1st

Paying $0.126 here.

4 minutes ago, =GEN=Cappy said:

Thats cheap.

Burn that coal baby.