IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=GEN=NZspecial

BSOD.. :(

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys;

I don't suppose we still have a real computer whiz floating around that is able to help me solve me BSOD issues? I've upgraded CPU, RAM and MOBO, as well as "upgrading" to windows 10, now I have BSOD's whilst playing full screen games, randomly and also watching fullscreen youtube vids. As I have said that, I've just BSODed writing this message with yet another error code. I've updated bios, reinstalled GFX drivers and audio drivers and now I've run out of ideas :/ 

Here are the error codes I get, it seems to be random.

KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (This is the first time I got this one, happened as I was writing this)

Link to dump files and system info:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By1aGr_ukVOLZFpFTFp6Z0pYSXc

If anyone sees anything that I haven't I will be immensely grateful, because I can't enjoy gaming when this keeps happening :( 

No specific solution, but I can confirm that I have received two such BSODs in WIN10 recently on a system that has be relatively stable for years.  Methinks a wonky WIN10 system update?  But you may also be on the right track with drivers.  WIN10 uses it's own generic drivers rather then vendor drivers and as you can imagine in many cases they suck.  Win10 updates will also often replace vendor specific drivers with it's own.  This is still true for Logitech mice and keyboards.  If you just installed WIN10 it may be going through repeated updates to the installation image.  One trick I finally learned to keep my Logitech drivers intact was to simply disable the Win10 version in control panel versus deleting it.  Thien WIN10 updates don't keep reinstalling it in an enabled mode.

Hey Lead thanks for the info, I managed to find the problem today I think, I had a look through the .DMP files and there's a LOT of memory issues. I checked the motherboard and saw that when the RAM chips went in, they weren't paired into the correct slots, which now that it has been rectified seems to have stabilised the system! :D

Thanks for helping me look into that, the problem is that its so difficult to diagnose these problems when there is so much going on. It seemed for every error message there was a different problem and I was starting to think I had broken everything! So keen to get back into being able to enjoy video games. Thanks again Lead :thumbsup:

Very impressive Special, I kind of figured you would solve it.  By the by, a few of us GENS seem to be getting into PUBG lately and I'm even getting to team up with my sons.  

Lead I have been really keen to get into that game, I would love to. However I have told myself I won't buy early-access games any more, after DayZ, The Forest, Godus, H1Z1, Rust and so many other half finished games, I've gotten sick of paying people for work they haven't done. As soon as PUBG enters full release, I'm there though ;)