IMPORTANT: Because of the upgrade you need to login with your DISPLAY NAME, So members will need to use their =GEN=YOURNAME to login

DRAGONFIRE_Sr

map pack 2 coming

12 posts in this topic

So should be out for PC in the fall

The date is Euro-style so it is May 3rd, not March 5th.

(via Joystiq)

escalationflyer599px.jpg

Zzz... I am sad. Total cost of game will now be $90. Feels like I'm playing WoW again with these "Monthly fees."

While I'm not happy about the paying for the map packs, developers need to make a living I suppose.

The other way to look at it is from a what you get for your investment kind of deal. There was the initial $60 upfront. There was $15 in March and by the time that May Map Pack hits PC's it's probably going to be June or July.

I actually get a lot of play out of that. I'm not the kind of person who buys every video game out there and I do play a couple of MMO's. But I don't go out and drink away my entertainment dollars a whole lot like I used to when I was 21. So my entertainment dollar goes to supporting an MMO habit (between Warcraft in the past and DDO now, I've had a monthly MMO habit for 7 and a half years) and the odd content patch for Black Ops - I guess it's not horribly expensive entertainment for the amount of time spent playing.

I have a friend who routinely drops probably $1000 a month at bars and night clubs.

I think I have the cheaper alternative overall :)

Should be out on the PC sometime before the end of June (xbox 30 day exclusive deal and for some reason PS3 is now getting it before PC), yay. Looking forward to Hotel.

Edited by =GEN=RangerXML.pro

I think the maps that came in the last pack were really worth the money. They were very detailed and complete, and very fun/balanced to play. Definitely better than some of the original maps for even play. If they were just a bunch of different versions of something like Nuketown, they would not be worth the money at all. The amount of hours that goes into a large maps of that nature is huge so I do not mind paying for something of quality.

If this was WoW, they would just just take an old map from the original release, give it a fancy new name like Cataclysm or something, and expect you to pay for it. lolol

:D

If this was WoW, they would just just take an old map from the original release, give it a fancy new name like Cataclysm or something, and expect you to pay for it. lolol

:D

That's the problem though. in my eyes, they're all the same map. It's literally a middle choke point, and two flank routes that have a cross section so you can look into the other one. And a base at either end.

a shape resembling ( | ). It feels like I'm playing DOTA or something.

All the maps with this style: Radiation, Nuketown, Discovery, Stadium. Havana, Berlin, Firing Range Grid, Launch, Villa. Map Overviews

It may not feel like it, but you're literally playing the same map over and over.